2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 178. Uniform partnership law.
- 178.0101 Short title.
- 178.0102 Definitions.
- 178.0103 Knowledge; notice.
- 178.0104 Governing law.
- 178.0105 Partnership agreement; scope, function, and limitations.
- 178.0106 Partnership agreement; effect on partnership and person becoming partner; preformation agreement.
- 178.0107 Partnership agreement; effect on third parties and relationship to records effective on behalf of partnership.
- 178.0108 Signing of records to be delivered for filing to the department.
- 178.0109 Liability for inaccurate information in filed record.
- 178.0110 Applicability.
- 178.0111 Delivery of record.
- 178.0112 Signing and filing pursuant to judicial order.
- 178.0113 Filing requirements.
- 178.0114 Effective date and time.
- 178.0115 Withdrawal of filed record before effectiveness.
- 178.0116 Correcting filed record.
- 178.0117 Duty of department to file; review of refusal to file; delivery of record by department.
- 178.0119 Supplemental principles of law.
- 178.0120 Fees; certified copies; filing false documents.
- 178.0121 Confirmation of status.
NATURE OF PARTNERSHIP
- 178.0201 Partnership as entity.
- 178.0202 Formation of partnership.
- 178.0203 Partnership property.
- 178.0204 When property is partnership property.
RELATIONS OF PARTNERS TO PERSONS DEALING WITH PARTNERSHIP
- 178.0301 Partner agent of partnership.
- 178.0302 Transfer of partnership property.
- 178.0303 Statement of partnership authority.
- 178.0304 Statement of denial.
- 178.0305 Partnership liable for partner's actionable conduct.
- 178.0306 Partner's liability.
- 178.0307 Actions by and against partnership and partners.
- 178.0308 Liability of purported partner.
RELATIONS OF PARTNERS TO EACH OTHER AND TO PARTNERSHIP
- 178.0401 Partner's rights and duties.
- 178.0402 Becoming partner.
- 178.0403 Form of contribution.
- 178.0404 Liability for contribution.
- 178.0405 Sharing of and right to distributions before dissolution.
- 178.0406 Limitations on distributions by limited liability partnership.
- 178.0407 Liability for improper distributions by limited liability partnership.
- 178.0408 Rights to information of partners and persons dissociated as partner.
- 178.0409 Standards of conduct for partners.
- 178.0410 Actions by partnership and partners.
- 178.0411 Continuation of partnership beyond definite term or particular undertaking.
TRANSFERABLE INTERESTS AND RIGHTS OF TRANSFEREES AND CREDITORS
- 178.0501 Partner not co-owner of partnership property.
- 178.0502 Nature of transferable interest.
- 178.0503 Transfer of transferable interest.
- 178.0504 Charging order.
- 178.0505 Power of legal representative of deceased partner.
- 178.0601 Events causing dissociation.
- 178.0602 Power to dissociate as partner; wrongful dissociation.
- 178.0603 Effect of dissociation.
PERSON'S DISSOCIATION AS A PARTNER WHEN BUSINESS NOT WOUND UP
- 178.0701 Purchase of interest of person dissociated as partner.
- 178.0702 Power to bind and liability of person dissociated as partner.
- 178.0703 Liability of person dissociated as partner to other persons.
- 178.0704 Statement of dissociation.
- 178.0705 Continued use of partnership name.
DISSOLUTION AND WINDING UP
- 178.0801 Events causing dissolution.
- 178.0802 Winding up.
- 178.0803 Rescinding dissolution.
- 178.0804 Power to bind partnership after dissolution.
- 178.0805 Liability after dissolution of partner and person dissociated as partner.
- 178.0806 Disposition of assets in winding up; when contributions required.
- 178.0807 Known claims against dissolved limited liability partnership.
- 178.0808 Other claims against dissolved limited liability partnership.
- 178.0809 Court proceedings.
- 178.0810 Liability of partner and person dissociated as partner when claim against partnership barred.
LIMITED LIABILITY PARTNERSHIP
- 178.0901 Statement of qualification.
- 178.0902 Permitted names.
- 178.09031 Grounds for revocation.
- 178.09032 Procedure for and effect of administrative revocation.
- 178.0904 Reinstatement following administrative revocation.
- 178.0905 Appeal from denial of reinstatement.
- 178.0906 Reservation of name.
- 178.0907 Registration of name.
- 178.0908 Registered agent and registered office.
- 178.0909 Change of registered agent or registered office by limited liability partnership.
- 178.0910 Resignation of registered agent.
- 178.0911 Change of name or address by registered agent.
- 178.0912 Service of process, notice, or demand.
- 178.0913 Annual report for department.
FOREIGN LIMITED LIABILITY PARTNERSHIP
- 178.1001 Governing law.
- 178.1002 Registration to do business in this state.
- 178.1003 Foreign registration statement.
- 178.1004 Amendment or cancellation of foreign registration statement.
- 178.1005 Activities not constituting doing business.
- 178.1006 Noncomplying name of foreign limited liability partnership.
- 178.1007 Withdrawal deemed on conversion to or merger into domestic filing entity or domestic limited liability partnership.
- 178.1008 Withdrawal on dissolution or conversion to nonfiling entity other than limited liability partnership.
- 178.1009 Transfer of registration.
- 178.10101 Grounds for revocation.
- 178.10102 Procedure for and effect of revocation.
- 178.10103 Appeal from revocation.
- 178.1011 Withdrawal of registration of registered foreign limited liability partnership.
- 178.1012 Action by attorney general.
MERGER, INTEREST EXCHANGE, CONVERSION, AND DOMESTICATION
- 178.1101 Definitions.
- 178.1102 Relationship of subchapter to other laws.
- 178.1103 Existing purpose.
- 178.1104 Nonexclusivity.
- 178.1105 Reference to external facts.
- 178.1121 Merger authorized.
- 178.1122 Plan of merger.
- 178.1123 Approval of merger; amendment; abandonment.
- 178.1124 Filings required for merger; effective date.
- 178.1125 Effect of merger.
- 178.1131 Interest exchange authorized.
- 178.1132 Plan of interest exchange.
- 178.1133 Approval of interest exchange; amendment; abandonment.
- 178.1134 Filings required for interest exchange; effective date.
- 178.1135 Effect of interest exchange.
- 178.1141 Conversion authorized.
- 178.1142 Plan of conversion.
- 178.1143 Approval of conversion; amendment; abandonment.
- 178.1144 Filings required for conversion; effective date.
- 178.1145 Effect of conversion.
- 178.1151 Domestication authorized.
- 178.1152 Plan of domestication.
- 178.1153 Approval of domestication; amendment; abandonment.
- 178.1154 Filings required for domestication; effective date.
- 178.1155 Effect of domestication.
- 178.1161 Restrictions on approval of mergers, interest exchanges, conversions and domestications.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.