2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 178. Uniform partnership law.
178.0809 Court proceedings.

Universal Citation: WI Stat § 178.0809 (2017)

178.0809 Court proceedings.

(1) A dissolved limited liability partnership that has published a notice under s. 178.0808 may file an application with the circuit court in the county where the partnership's principal office is located or, if the principal office is not located in this state, where the office of its registered agent is or was last located, for a determination of the amount and form of security to be provided for payment of claims that are contingent or are not known to the partnership or that are based on an event occurring after the effective date of dissolution but that, based on the facts known to the partnership, are reasonably expected to arise after the effective date of dissolution.

(2) Provision need not be made for any claim that is or is reasonably anticipated to be barred under s. 178.0808.

(3) Not later than 10 days after the filing of an application under sub. (1), the dissolved limited liability partnership shall give notice of the proceeding to each claimant holding a contingent claim whose contingent claim is known to the partnership.

(4) In any proceeding under this section, the court may appoint a guardian ad litem to represent all claimants whose identities are unknown. The reasonable fees and expenses of the guardian, including all reasonable expert witness fees, must be paid by the dissolved limited liability partnership.

(5) A dissolved limited liability partnership that provides security in the amount and form ordered by the court under sub. (1) satisfies the partnership's obligations with respect to claims that are contingent, are not known to the partnership, or are based on an event occurring after the effective date of dissolution, and such claims may not be enforced against a partner or transferee on account of assets received in liquidation.

History: 2015 a. 295.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.