2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 178. Uniform partnership law.
178.1143 Approval of conversion; amendment; abandonment.

Universal Citation: WI Stat § 178.1143 (2017)

178.1143 Approval of conversion; amendment; abandonment.

(1) Subject to s. 178.1161, a plan of conversion must be approved by all the partners of a converting domestic partnership. A plan of conversion into a converted domestic partnership must be approved pursuant to the governing law of the converting entity.

(2) Subject to s. 178.1161, after a plan of conversion is approved, and at any time before a conversion becomes effective, the converting entity may amend the plan of conversion or abandon the conversion as provided in the plan of conversion or, except as otherwise provided in the plan of conversion, with the same vote or consent as was required to approve the plan of conversion.

(3) If, after articles of conversion have been delivered to the department for filing and before the conversion becomes effective, the plan of conversion is amended in a manner that requires an amendment to the articles of conversion or if the conversion is abandoned, a statement of amendment or abandonment, signed by the converting entity, must be delivered to the department for filing before the conversion becomes effective. When a statement of abandonment becomes effective, the conversion is abandoned and does not become effective. The statement of amendment or abandonment must contain all of the following:

(a) The name of the converting entity and the converted entity under the plan of conversion.

(b) The date on which the articles of conversion were filed by the department.

(c) The amendment to or abandonment of the articles of conversion.

(d) A statement that the amendment or abandonment was approved in accordance with this section.

History: 2015 a. 295.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.