2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 938. Juvenile justice code.
- 938.01 Title, legislative intent and purposes.
- 938.02 Definitions.
- 938.022 Electronic filing.
- 938.028 Indian juvenile welfare.
ORGANIZATION OF COURT
- 938.03 Time and place of court; absence or disability of judge.
- 938.06 Services for court.
- 938.067 Powers and duties of intake workers.
- 938.069 Powers and duties of disposition staff.
- 938.07 Additional sources of court services.
- 938.08 Duties of person furnishing services to court.
- 938.09 Representation of the interests of the public.
- 938.10 Power of the judge to act as intake worker.
- 938.12 Jurisdiction over juveniles alleged to be delinquent.
- 938.125 Jurisdiction over juveniles alleged to have violated civil laws or ordinances.
- 938.13 Jurisdiction over juveniles alleged to be in need of protection or services.
- 938.135 Referral of juveniles to proceedings under ch. 51 or 55
- 938.14 Jurisdiction over interstate compact proceedings.
- 938.15 Jurisdiction of other courts to determine legal custody.
- 938.17 Jurisdiction over traffic, boating, snowmobile, all-terrain vehicle, and utility terrain vehicle violations and over civil law and ordinance violations.
- 938.18 Jurisdiction for criminal proceedings for juveniles 14 or older; waiver hearing.
- 938.183 Original adult court jurisdiction for criminal proceedings.
- 938.185 Venue.
HOLDING A JUVENILE IN CUSTODY
- 938.19 Taking a juvenile into custody.
- 938.195 Recording custodial interrogations.
- 938.20 Release or delivery from custody.
- 938.205 Criteria for holding a juvenile in physical custody.
- 938.207 Places where a juvenile may be held in nonsecure custody.
- 938.208 Criteria for holding a juvenile in a juvenile detention facility.
- 938.209 Criteria for holding a juvenile in a county jail or a municipal lockup facility.
- 938.21 Hearing for juvenile in custody.
- 938.217 Change in placement; juvenile held in custody.
- 938.22 County and private juvenile facilities.
- 938.222 Contracts with private entities for juvenile detention facility services.
- 938.223 Contracts with Minnesota counties for juvenile detention facility services.
- 938.224 Contracts with department for juvenile detention facility services.
- 938.225 Statewide plan for juvenile detention facilities.
- 938.23 Right to counsel.
- 938.235 Guardian ad litem.
- 938.237 Civil law and ordinance proceedings initiated by citation in the court assigned to exercise jurisdiction under this chapter and ch. 48.
- 938.24 Receipt of jurisdictional information; intake inquiry.
- 938.243 Basic rights: duty of intake worker.
- 938.245 Deferred prosecution.
- 938.25 Petition: authorization to file.
- 938.255 Petition; form and content.
- 938.263 Amendment of petition.
- 938.265 Consultation with victims.
- 938.27 Notice; summons.
- 938.273 Service of summons or notice; expense.
- 938.275 Parents' contribution to cost of custody, sanctions and court and legal services.
- 938.28 Failure to obey summons; capias.
- 938.29 Substitution of judge.
- 938.293 Discovery.
- 938.295 Physical, psychological, mental or developmental examination.
- 938.296 Testing for HIV infection and certain diseases.
- 938.2965 Waiting area for victims and witnesses.
- 938.297 Motions before trial.
- 938.299 Procedures at hearings.
- 938.30 Plea hearing.
- 938.305 Hearing upon the involuntary removal of a juvenile.
- 938.31 Fact-finding hearing.
- 938.312 Notice of dismissal.
- 938.315 Delays, continuances and extensions.
- 938.317 Jeopardy.
- 938.32 Consent decree.
- 938.33 Court reports.
- 938.331 Court reports; effect on victim.
- 938.335 Dispositional hearings.
- 938.34 Disposition of juvenile adjudged delinquent.
- 938.341 Delinquency adjudication; restriction on firearm possession.
- 938.3415 Delinquency adjudication; restriction on body armor possession.
- 938.342 Disposition; truancy and school dropout ordinance violations.
- 938.343 Disposition of juvenile adjudged to have violated a civil law or an ordinance.
- 938.344 Disposition; certain intoxicating liquor, beer and drug violations.
- 938.345 Disposition of juvenile adjudged in need of protection or services.
- 938.346 Notice to victims of juveniles' acts.
- 938.35 Effect of judgment and disposition.
- 938.355 Dispositional orders.
- 938.356 Duty of court to warn.
- 938.357 Change in placement; juvenile subject to dispositional order.
- 938.358 Trial reunification.
- 938.36 Payment for services.
- 938.361 Payment for alcohol and other drug abuse services.
- 938.362 Payment for certain special treatment or care services.
- 938.363 Revision of dispositional orders.
- 938.364 Dismissal of certain dispositional orders.
- 938.365 Extension of orders.
- 938.366 Extended out-of-home care.
- 938.368 Continuation of dispositional orders.
- 938.37 Costs.
- 938.371 Access to certain information by substitute care provider.
- 938.373 Medical authorization.
PERMANENCY PLANNING; RECORDS
- 938.38 Permanency planning.
- 938.383 Reasonable and prudent parent standard.
- 938.385 Plan for transition to independent living.
- 938.39 Disposition by court bars criminal proceeding.
- 938.396 Records.
JURISDICTION OVER PERSONS 17 OR OLDER
REHEARING AND APPEAL
- 938.48 Authority of department of corrections.
- 938.485 Authority of department.
- 938.49 Notification by court of placement with department of corrections; transfer of reports and records.
- 938.50 Examination of juveniles under supervision of department [of corrections].
- 938.505 Juveniles placed under correctional supervision.
- 938.51 Notification of release or escape of juvenile from correctional custody or supervision.
- 938.52 Facilities for care of juveniles in care of department of corrections.
- 938.53 Duration of control of department of corrections over delinquents.
- 938.533 Community supervision.
- 938.534 Intensive supervision program.
- 938.535 Early release and intensive supervision program; limits.
- 938.538 Serious juvenile offender program.
- 938.539 Type 2 status.
- 938.54 Records.
- 938.547 Juvenile alcohol and other drug abuse pilot program.
- 938.548 Multidisciplinary screen and assessment criteria.
- 938.549 Juvenile classification system.
COUNTY JUVENILE WELFARE SERVICES
- 938.57 Powers and duties of county departments providing juvenile welfare services.
- 938.59 Examination and records.
- 938.595 Duration of control of county departments over delinquents.
GENERAL PROVISIONS ON RECORDS
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.