2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 939. Crimes — general provisions.
- 939.01 Name and interpretation.
- 939.03 Jurisdiction of state over crime.
- 939.05 Parties to crime.
- 939.10 Common law crimes abolished; common law rules preserved.
- 939.12 Crime defined.
- 939.14 Criminal conduct or contributory negligence of victim no defense.
- 939.20 Provisions which apply only to chapters 939 to 951
- 939.22 Words and phrases defined.
- 939.23 Criminal intent.
- 939.24 Criminal recklessness.
- 939.25 Criminal negligence.
DEFENSES TO CRIMINAL LIABILITY
- 939.42 Intoxication.
- 939.43 Mistake.
- 939.44 Adequate provocation.
- 939.45 Privilege.
- 939.46 Coercion.
- 939.47 Necessity.
- 939.48 Self-defense and defense of others.
- 939.49 Defense of property and protection against retail theft.
- 939.50 Classification of felonies.
- 939.51 Classification of misdemeanors.
- 939.52 Classification of forfeitures.
- 939.60 Felony and misdemeanor defined.
- 939.61 Penalty when none expressed.
- 939.615 Lifetime supervision of serious sex offenders.
- 939.616 Mandatory minimum sentence for child sex offenses.
- 939.617 Minimum sentence for certain child sex offenses.
- 939.618 Mandatory minimum sentence for repeat serious sex crimes.
- 939.619 Mandatory minimum sentence for repeat serious violent crimes.
- 939.62 Increased penalty for habitual criminality.
- 939.621 Increased penalty for certain domestic abuse offenses.
- 939.63 Penalties; use of a dangerous weapon.
- 939.632 Penalties; violent crime in a school zone.
- 939.635 Increased penalty for certain crimes against children committed by a child care provider.
- 939.645 Penalty; crimes committed against certain people or property.
RIGHTS OF THE PROSECUTION
- 939.65 Prosecution under more than one section permitted.
- 939.66 Conviction of included crime permitted.
RIGHTS OF THE ACCUSED
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.