2017 Revised Code of Washington
Title 46 - MOTOR VEHICLES
- 46.16A.010 Definitions.
- 46.16A.020 Registration year assigned—Registration month—Registration period—When registration does not expire.
- 46.16A.025 Adjustment of vehicle registration periods to stagger renewal periods.
- 46.16A.030 Registration and display of plates required—Penalties—Expired registration, impoundment.
- 46.16A.040 Original registration—Application—Form and contents.
- 46.16A.050 Registration—Requirements before issuance—Penalty—Rules.
- 46.16A.060 Registration—Emission control inspections required—Exemptions—Educational information—Rules.
- 46.16A.070 Registration—Cancellation, refusal, etc.—Appeals.
- 46.16A.080 Registration—Exemptions.
- 46.16A.090 Registration—Voluntary and opt-out donations—Discover pass.
- 46.16A.100 Registration—Federal heavy vehicle use tax.
- 46.16A.110 Registration renewal—Exemptions.
- 46.16A.120 Forwarding and payment of standing, stopping, and parking violations and other infractions required before registration renewal.
- 46.16A.130 Notice of liability insurance requirement.
- 46.16A.140 "Resident" defined—Natural person residency requirements—Vehicle registration required.
- 46.16A.150 Purchasing a vehicle with foreign plates.
- 46.16A.160 Nonresident exemption—Reciprocity—Rules.
- 46.16A.170 Exemptions from vehicle license fees—State and publicly owned vehicles.
- 46.16A.175 Exemptions from vehicle license fees—Vehicles owned by Indian tribes—Conditions.
- 46.16A.180 Registration certificates—Formats—Requirements—Penalty—Exception.
- 46.16A.185 Requirement for commercial motor vehicle registration certificate.
- 46.16A.190 Replacement registration certificates.
- 46.16A.200 License plates.
- 46.16A.210 Emblems—Material, display requirements.
- 46.16A.215 Military emblems—Fees.
- 46.16A.220 Rules.
PERMITS AND USES
- 46.16A.300 Temporary permits—Authority—Dealer fees—Secure system.
- 46.16A.305 Temporary permits—Application form and contents—Display and duration—Application fee.
- 46.16A.320 Vehicle trip permits—Restrictions and requirements—Fee—Penalty—Rules.
- 46.16A.330 Farm vehicle trip permits—Restrictions and requirements—Fee—Rules.
- 46.16A.340 Temporary permits for nonresident members of armed forces—Fee—Rules.
- 46.16A.350 Temporary letter of authority for movement of unregistered vehicle for special community activity.
- 46.16A.360 Thirty, sixty, or ninety-day permits for registered out-of-state commercial vehicles.
- 46.16A.405 Campers, mopeds, and wheelchair conveyances.
- 46.16A.410 Commercial motor vehicles.
- 46.16A.420 Farm vehicles—Farm exempt decal—Fee—Rules.
- 46.16A.425 Farm vehicles based on gross weight—Farm tabs—Penalty.
- 46.16A.428 Intermittent-use trailers—Permanent registration—Penalty—License plates—Definition—Rules.
- 46.16A.435 Off-road motorcycles—Declaration required—Contents.
- 46.16A.440 Private use, single-axle trailers—Reduced license fee.
- 46.16A.445 Street rod or custom vehicles.
- 46.16A.450 Trailers—Permanent license plates and registration—Penalty—Rules.
- 46.16A.455 Trucks, buses, and for hire vehicles based on gross weight.
LIABILITY AND VIOLATIONS
- 46.16A.500 Liability of operator, owner, lessee for violations.
- 46.16A.510 Immunity from liability for issuing a vehicle registration or license plates to nonroadworthy vehicle.
- 46.16A.520 Allowing unauthorized person to drive—Penalty.
- 46.16A.530 Unlawful to carry passengers for hire without vehicle registration.
- 46.16A.540 Overloading registered capacity—Additional registration—Penalties—Exceptions.
- 46.16A.545 Overloading registered capacity—Penalties.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Washington may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.