2021 Georgia Code
Title 51 - Torts
Chapter 1 - General Provisions
- § 51-1-1. Tort Defined
- § 51-1-2. Ordinary Diligence and Ordinary Negligence Defined
- § 51-1-3. Extraordinary Diligence and Slight Negligence Defined
- § 51-1-4. Slight Diligence and Gross Negligence Defined
- § 51-1-5. Meaning of "Due Care" in Reference to Child of Tender Years
- § 51-1-6. Recovery of Damages Upon Breach of Legal Duty
- § 51-1-7. When Infraction of Public Duty Gives Cause of Action to Individual
- § 51-1-8. Right of Action Arising From Breach of Private Duty
- § 51-1-9. Recovery for Torts to Self, Wife, Child, Ward, or Servant
- § 51-1-10. Who May Bring an Action for Torts to Wife; Action by Wife Living Apart From Husband for Torts to Self or Children
- § 51-1-11. When Privity Required to Support Action; Product Liability Action and Time Limitation Therefore; Industry-Wide Liability Theories Rejected
- § 51-1-11.1. Liability of Product Seller as a Manufacturer
- § 51-1-12. Liability for Ratifying Tort
- § 51-1-13. Cause of Action for Physical Injury; Intention Considered in Assessing Damages
- § 51-1-14. Violent Injury or Attempt to Commit Injury
- § 51-1-15. Right of Action for Abduction or Harboring of Wife
- § 51-1-16. Right of Action for Seduction of Daughter; Exemplary Damages
- § 51-1-17. Rights of Action for Adultery, Alienation of Affections, and Criminal Conversation Abolished
- § 51-1-18. Furnishing Alcoholic Beverages to Minor Children; Gambling With Minor Children
- § 51-1-19. Negligence by Person Given Trust or Confidence for Consideration
- § 51-1-20. Liability of Persons Serving Charitable Organizations and Public Entities While Acting in Good Faith
- § 51-1-20.1. Liability of Volunteers, Employees, or Officers of Nonprofit Association Conducting or Sponsoring Sports or Safety Program; Liability of Association
- § 51-1-20.2. Liability of Child Passenger Safety Technicians
- § 51-1-21. Liability of Owner of Watercraft for Torts Generally
- § 51-1-22. Owner's Liability for Negligent Operation of Vessel; Express or Implied Consent Prerequisite
- § 51-1-23. Sale of Unwholesome Provisions
- § 51-1-24. Sale of Adulterated Drugs or Alcoholic Beverages
- § 51-1-25. Furnishing of Wrong Article or Medicine by Vender of Drugs and Medicines
- § 51-1-26. Survivability of Actions Under Code Sections 51-1-23 Through 51-1-25
- § 51-1-27. Recovery for Medical Malpractice Authorized
- § 51-1-28. Transfusions, Transplants, and Transfers of Human Blood, Tissue, Organs; Negligence Prerequisite to Recovery for Damages
- § 51-1-29. Liability of Persons Rendering Emergency Care
- § 51-1-29.1. Liability of Voluntary Health Care Provider and Sponsoring Organization
- § 51-1-29.2. Liability of Persons or Entities Acting to Prevent, Minimize, and Repair Injury and Damage Resulting From Catastrophic Acts of Nature
- § 51-1-29.3. Immunity for Operators of External Defibrillators
- § 51-1-29.4. Liability of Voluntary Health Care Providers and Sponsoring Organizations; Cumulative Immunity; Application
- § 51-1-29.5. Definitions; Limitation on Health Care Liability Claim to Gross Negligence in Emergency Medical Care; Factors for Jury Consideration
- § 51-1-29.6. Liability of Health Care Institutions and Providers Regarding Thc Oil
- § 51-1-30. Liability of Officers and Agents for Acts Performed While Fighting Fires or Performing Duties at the Scene of Emergencies
- § 51-1-30.1. Exemption From Tort Liability of Drivers and Operators of Fire Apparatus in Certain Municipalities
- § 51-1-30.2. Immunity of Teachers and School Personnel From Liability for Communicating Information Concerning Drug Abuse
- § 51-1-30.3. Immunity From Liability for Persons Providing Certain Services Upon Public or Private School Property and for Public or Private Schools Requesting Such Services
- § 51-1-30.4. Immunity From Liability for Officers Providing Security at Nuclear Facilities
- § 51-1-31. Liability From Donation of Canned or Perishable Food to Charitable or Nonprofit Organizations for Use or Distribution
- § 51-1-32. Separate Causes of Action for Personal Injury and Property Damage Caused by Motor Vehicle
- § 51-1-33. Settlement of Single Action Under Code Section 51-1-32 - Evidence in Separate Action
- § 51-1-34. Settlement of Single Action Under Code Section 51-1-32 - Effect in Separate Action
- § 51-1-35. When Negotiating or Obtaining Statement From Injured Adverse Party Prohibited; Effect of Prohibited Settlement in Court Action
- § 51-1-36. Duty of Care of Operator of Motor Vehicle to Passengers
- § 51-1-37. Negligent or Improper Administration of Polygraph Examination; Measure of Damages
- § 51-1-38. Tort Immunity for Medical Students; Exceptions
- § 51-1-39. Liability for Injuries of Person Committing Crime on Political Subdivision Property
- § 51-1-40. Liability for Acts of Intoxicated Persons
- § 51-1-41. Liability of Sports Officials at Amateur Athletic Contests
- § 51-1-42. Limitation of Liability for Transportation of Senior Citizens by Volunteer
- § 51-1-43. "Roller Skating Safety Act of 1993."
- § 51-1-44. Limitation of Liability for Dental Students
- § 51-1-45. Immunity of Persons Serving Without Compensation as Athletic Team Physicians
- § 51-1-46. "Drug Dealer Liability Act"; Purpose; Definitions; Actions Against Persons Participating in Illegal Marketing of Controlled Substances
- § 51-1-47. Immunity for Disconnection of Motor Vehicle Air Bags
- § 51-1-48. Diligence Required in Reviewing Claims; Nonwaivable Liability Is Not Created; Definitions
- § 51-1-49. Requirements for Maintaining Cause of Action Against Managed Care Entity; Notice; Independent Review
- § 51-1-50. Immunity of Broadcasters From Liability for Levi's Call: Georgia's Amber Alert Program
- § 51-1-51. Limitations on Liability of Liquefied Petroleum Gas Providers
- § 51-1-52. Federal Law Payor Guidelines and Criteria Not a Legal Basis for Negligence or Standard of Care for Medical Malpractice or Product Liability
- § 51-1-53. Recreational Joint-Use Agreements
- § 51-1-54. Program and Treatment Completion Certificate
- § 51-1-55. Firearm Instructor Liability
- § 51-1-56. Civil Recovery Available to Victims of Human Trafficking; Statute of Limitations; Relief Sought by Attorney General
- For note, "Publicly Funded Private Security: A Critical Examination of Georgia Law Pertaining to the Private Employment of Off-Duty Police Officers," see 51 Ga. L. Rev. 879 (2017).
- Tort Liability for Injuries Sustained During Use of Inflatable Structures Such as Bounce Houses or Inflatable Slides, 54 A.L.R.7th 1.
Liability for Abusive Language, 16 POF2d 493.
Public Authority's Failure to Remove or Guard Against Ice or Snow on Surface of Highway or Street, 21 POF2d 251.
Insurer's Liability for Emotional Distress, 32 POF2d 99.
Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, 43 POF2d 1.
Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress by Employer, 45 POF2d 249.
Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress by Landlord, 46 POF2d 429.
Debt Collection - Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, 47 POF2d 357.
Emotional Distress by Schoolteacher or Administrator, 18 POF3d 103.
Emotional Distress Caused by Fear of Future Disease, 24 POF3d 273.
Establishing Liability of a State or Local Highway Administration, Where Injury Results from the Failure to Place or Maintain Adequate Highway Signs, 31 POF3d 351.
Governmental Liability for Failure to Maintain Trees Near Public Way, 41 POF3d 109.
Governmental Liability for Injury to Landowner's Property from Road Construction Activities on Neighboring Land, 65 POF3d 311.
Media Outrage, 68 POF3d 179.
Proof of Roadside Hazard Case, 71 POF3d 1.
Light Aircraft Accident Litigation, 13 Am. Jur. Trials 557.
Helicopter Accident Litigation, 22 Am. Jur. Trials 517.
Midair Breakup of V-Tail Bonanza Aircraft, 33 Am. Jur. Trials 561.
Malfunction and Loss of Spacecraft, 43 Am. Jur. Trials 293.
Civil Consequences of Criminal Conduct, 51 Am. Jur. Trials 337.
Deep Vein Thrombosis and Air Travel, 95 Am. Jur. Trials 1.