2006 Alabama Code - Chapter 4 — UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION.
Article 1 Definitions.
- Section 25-4-1 — Base period.
- Section 25-4-2 — Benefits.
- Section 25-4-3 — Benefit year.
- Section 25-4-4 — Calendar quarter; fiscal year.
- Section 25-4-5 — Contributions; payments in lieu of contributions.
- Section 25-4-6 — Director.
- Section 25-4-7 — Employee.
- Section 25-4-8 — Employer.
- Section 25-4-9 — Employing unit.
- Section 25-4-10 — Employment.
- Section 25-4-11 — Employment office.
- Section 25-4-12 — Fund.
- Section 25-4-13 — Insured work.
- Section 25-4-14 — State.
- Section 25-4-15 — Unemployment administration fund.
- Section 25-4-16 — Wages.
- Section 25-4-17 — Week.
Article 2 Unemployment Compensation Trust Fund.
- Section 25-4-30 — Administration and composition.
- Section 25-4-31 — Treasurer; separate accounts; disposition of interest and penalties.
- Section 25-4-32 — Requisition of moneys from trust fund.
- Section 25-4-33 — Overpayments.
Article 2A Employment Security Enhancement Funds.
Article 3 Contributions and Payments in Lieu of Contributions.
- Section 25-4-50 — Accrual; time and manner of payment by employers.
- Section 25-4-51 — Rates of contributions, etc., by employers.
- Section 25-4-52 — Contributions by employees.
- Section 25-4-53 — Withholding of employee contributions.
- Section 25-4-54 — Contribution rates for employers subject to benefit charges; determination of individual benefit charges.
- Section 25-4-55 — Payment of interest on moneys advanced by federal government — Contributory employer's assessment; method of determining amount; procedures.
- Section 25-4-56 — Payment of interest on moneys advanced by federal government — Creation of special interest payment fund; deposits; administration; disposition.
- Section 25-4-57 — Payment of interest on moneys advanced by federal government — Assessment to discontinue when all interest paid; payment of interest on money advanced after previously borrowed funds repaid.
- Section 25-4-58 — Payment of interest on moneys advanced by federal government — Disposition of moneys in fund when assessment discontinued.
Article 4 Benefits.
- Section 25-4-70 — Accrual; time and manner of payment; services in employ of Indian tribe.
- Section 25-4-71 — When individuals deemed unemployed.
- Section 25-4-72 — Individual weekly benefit amount.
- Section 25-4-73 — Individual weekly benefit payment.
- Section 25-4-74 — Maximum individual benefit entitlement during benefit year.
- Section 25-4-75 — Extension of benefit period.
- Section 25-4-76 — Maritime employment and benefit rights.
- Section 25-4-77 — Benefits eligibility conditions; "suitable employment" and jury duty defined; applicability of subdivision (a)(5).
- Section 25-4-78 — Disqualifications for benefits.
Article 5 Procedure for Claims for Benefits.
- Section 25-4-90 — Filing claims for benefits.
- Section 25-4-91 — Determinations and redeterminations upon claims for benefits.
- Section 25-4-92 — Appeals tribunals — Appointment; procedure; when decisions final.
- Section 25-4-93 — Appeals tribunals — Power to affirm, modify or set aside decision; notification of parties.
- Section 25-4-94 — Powers and duties of board of appeals for Department of Industrial Relations.
- Section 25-4-95 — Appeals from final decisions of board of appeals or appeals tribunal.
- Section 25-4-96 — Procedure exclusive.
- Section 25-4-97 — Powers of appeals tribunal, board of appeals and officers of Department of Industrial Relations as to witnesses; witness fees.
Article 6 Administration.
- Section 25-4-110 — Powers and duties of director as to administration of chapter generally.
- Section 25-4-111 — Adoption, etc., of general rules and regulations.
- Section 25-4-112 — Publication and distribution of general rules and regulations, etc.
- Section 25-4-113 — Employees; immunity from civil suit; exception.
- Section 25-4-114 — Advisory council.
- Section 25-4-115 — Duties of director, etc., with respect to reduction of unemployment, etc.
- Section 25-4-116 — Records and reports of employing units.
- Section 25-4-117 — Representation in court actions.
- Section 25-4-118 — Cooperation with state and federal agencies, institutions of higher education, public and law enforcement officials, etc.; penalty for wrongfully securing or misusing information.
- Section 25-4-119 — Compromise or waiver of civil penalties or interest charges.
- Section 25-4-120 — Reciprocal arrangements with state and federal agencies.
Article 7 General Provisions.
- Section 25-4-130 — Duration of employer's coverage under this chapter; termination of coverage.
- Section 25-4-131 — Election of coverage under chapter by employing units and political subdivisions.
- Section 25-4-132 — Assessment of interest on delinquent contribution payments.
- Section 25-4-133 — Penalties for delinquent contribution payments and reports.
- Section 25-4-134 — Procedures for collection of delinquent contribution payments.
- Section 25-4-135 — Effect of bankruptcy or liquidation of employer.
- Section 25-4-136 — Director may extend time for payment of contributions.
- Section 25-4-137 — Adjustments or refunds.
- Section 25-4-138 — Agreement to waive right to benefits; agreement to pay employer's contributions; reduction of wages to finance employer's contributions.
- Section 25-4-139 — Fees in proceedings under chapter.
- Section 25-4-140 — Certain assignments, etc., of right to benefits void; exemption from attachment, etc.; exception.
- Section 25-4-142 — Employment Security Administration Fund; Special Employment Security Administration Fund; replacement of certain funds.
- Section 25-4-143 — Appropriations.
- Section 25-4-144 — Reservation of right to repeal or amend chapter.
- Section 25-4-145 — Penalties; limitation of actions; collection of overpayments; waiver of overpayments.
- Section 25-4-146 — Certain employees of Department of Industrial Relations constituted peace officers to enforce unemployment compensation law and other specified state criminal laws.
- Section 25-4-147 — Arrest fee; disposition of fees collected.
- Section 25-4-148 — Disposition of trust funds, etc., in event of invalidity of provisions pertaining to payment of contributions and benefits.
- Section 25-4-149 — Appropriation of funds for payment of benefits for state employees generally.
- Section 25-4-150 — Payment of fringe benefits for employees of local boards of education.
- Section 25-4-151 — Effect of challenges to or invalidation of federal unemployment compensation amendments of 1976.
- Section 25-4-152 — Deduction of child support obligations; procedures; reimbursement for administrative costs; time of implementation; deduction of federal income tax.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.