2017 Revised Code of Washington
Title 46 - MOTOR VEHICLES
46.55 Towing and impoundment.
- 46.55.020 Registration required—Penalty.
- 46.55.025 Registration or insurance required—Penalty.
- 46.55.030 Application—Contents, bond, insurance, fee, certificate.
- 46.55.035 Prohibited acts—Penalty.
- 46.55.037 Compensation for private impounds.
- 46.55.040 Permit required—Inspections of equipment and facilities.
- 46.55.050 Classification of trucks—Marking requirements—Time and place of inspection—Penalty.
- 46.55.060 Business location—Requirements.
- 46.55.063 Fees, schedules, contracts, invoices.
- 46.55.070 Posting requirements—Exception.
- 46.55.075 Law enforcement impound—Required form, procedures.
- 46.55.080 Law enforcement impound, private impound—Master log—Certain associations restricted.
- 46.55.085 Law enforcement impound—Unauthorized vehicle in right-of-way.
- 46.55.090 Storage, return requirements—Personal property—Combination endorsement for tow truck drivers—Viewing impounded vehicle.
- 46.55.100 Impound notice—Abandoned vehicle report—Owner information, liability—Disposition report.
- 46.55.105 Responsibility of registered owner—Buyer and seller remedies.
- 46.55.110 Notice to legal and registered owners.
- 46.55.113 Removal by police officer—Definition.
- 46.55.115 State patrol—Appointment of towing operators—Lien for costs—Appeal.
- 46.55.117 Impounds under RCW 64.44.050.
- 46.55.118 Rate, fee limitations for certain private impounds.
- 46.55.120 Redemption of vehicles—Sale of unredeemed property—Improper impoundment.
- 46.55.125 Redemption of motorcycle or moped as bailment while owner hospitalized due to accident—Requirements—Declaration form.
- 46.55.130 Notice requirements—Public auction—Accumulation of storage charges.
- 46.55.140 Operator's lien, deficiency claim, liability.
- 46.55.150 Vehicle transaction file.
- 46.55.160 Availability of records, equipment, and facilities for audit and inspection.
- 46.55.170 Complaints, where forwarded.
- 46.55.180 Presiding officer at licensing hearing.
- 46.55.190 Rules.
- 46.55.200 Penalties for certain acts or omissions.
- 46.55.210 Cease and desist order.
- 46.55.220 Refusal to issue license, grounds for.
- 46.55.350 Findings—Intent.
- 46.55.360 Impoundment, when required—Law enforcement powers, duties, and liability immunity—Redemption, when, by whom—Operator liability immunity—Definition.
- 46.55.370 Law enforcement liability immunity—Reasonable suspicion.
Removal of unattended vehicle from highway: RCW 46.61.590.
Riding in towed vehicles: RCW 46.61.625.
Safety chains for towing: RCW 46.37.495.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Washington may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.