2005 Revised Code of Washington - Chapter 26.44 RCW: Abuse of children (formerly abuse of children and adult dependent persons)
- 26.44.010 Declaration of purpose.
- 26.44.015 Limitations of chapter.
- 26.44.020 Definitions.
- 26.44.030 Reports -- Duty and authority to make -- Duty of receiving agency -- Duty to notify -- Case planning and consultation -- Penalty for unauthorized exchange of information -- Filing dependency petitions -- Interviews of children -- Records -- Risk assessment process.
- 26.44.031 Unfounded referrals -- Report retention.
- 26.44.032 Legal defense of public employee.
- 26.44.035 Response to complaint by more than one agency -- Procedure -- Written records.
- 26.44.040 Reports -- Oral, written -- Contents.
- 26.44.050 Abuse or neglect of child -- Duty of law enforcement agency or department of social and health services -- Taking child into custody without court order, when.
- 26.44.053 Guardian ad litem, appointment -- Examination of person having legal custody -- Hearing -- Procedure.
- 26.44.056 Protective detention or custody of abused child -- Reasonable cause -- Notice -- Time limits -- Monitoring plan -- Liability.
- 26.44.060 Immunity from civil or criminal liability -- Confidential communications not violated -- Actions against state not affected -- False report, penalty.
- 26.44.063 Temporary restraining order or preliminary injunction -- Enforcement -- Notice of modification or termination of restraining order.
- 26.44.067 Temporary restraining order or preliminary injunction -- Contents -- Notice -- Noncompliance--Defense -- Penalty.
- 26.44.075 Inclusion of number of child abuse reports and cases in prosecuting attorney's annual report.
- 26.44.080 Violation -- Penalty.
- 26.44.100 Information about rights -- Legislative purpose -- Notification of investigation, report, and findings.
- 26.44.105 Information about rights -- Oral and written information -- Copies of dependency petition and any court order.
- 26.44.110 Information about rights -- Custody without court order -- Written statement required -- Contents.
- 26.44.115 Child taken into custody under court order -- Information to parents.
- 26.44.120 Information about rights -- Notice to noncustodial parent.
- 26.44.125 Alleged perpetrators -- Right to review and amendment of finding -- Hearing.
- 26.44.130 Arrest without warrant.
- 26.44.140 Treatment for abusive person removed from home.
- 26.44.150 Temporary restraining order restricting visitation for persons accused of sexually or physically abusing a child--Penalty for violating court order.
- 26.44.160 Allegations that child under twelve committed sex offense--Investigation--Referral to prosecuting attorney--Referral to department--Referral for treatment.
- 26.44.170 Alleged child abuse or neglect -- Use of alcohol or controlled substances as contributing factor -- Evaluation.
- 26.44.180 Investigation of child sexual abuse -- Protocols -- Documentation of agencies' roles.
- 26.44.190 Investigation of child abuse or neglect -- Participation by law enforcement officer.
- 26.44.195 Negligent treatment or maltreatment -- Offer of services -- Evidence of substance abuse -- In-home services -- Initiation of dependency proceedings.
- 26.44.200 Methamphetamine manufacture -- Presence of child.
- 26.44.210 Alleged child abuse or neglect at state school for the deaf -- Investigation by department -- Investigation report.
- 26.44.220 Abuse of adolescents -- Staff training curriculum.
- 26.44.230 Abuse of adolescents -- Reviews and reports.
- 26.44.900 Severability -- 1975 1st ex.s. c 217. Notes:
|Child abuse, investigation: RCW
Child abuse and neglect training for participants in early childhood education programs: RCW 43.63A.066.
Council for the prevention of child abuse and neglect: Chapter 43.121 RCW.
Day care -- Information to parents and providers: RCW 74.15.200.
Domestic violence prevention: Chapter 26.50 RCW.
Missing children clearinghouse and hot line: Chapter 13.60 RCW.
Persons over sixty, abuse: Chapter 74.34 RCW.
Primary prevention program for child abuse and neglect: RCW 28A.300.160.
School districts to develop policies and participate in programs: RCW 28A.230.080.
Shaken baby syndrome: RCW 43.121.140.
Witness of offense against child, duty: RCW 9.69.100.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Washington may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.