2012 New York Consolidated Laws
PBO - Public Officers
Article 2 - (3 - 19) APPOINTMENT AND QUALIFICATION OF PUBLIC OFFICERS
- 3 - Qualifications for holding office.
- 3-A - Restrictions upon holding public office or employment of persons removed from office for certain reasons.
- 3-B - Special peace officers to be citizens; other residency requirements.
- 3-C - Restrictions upon nomination or election to compensated federal, state or local office.
- 4 - Commencement of term of office.
- 5 - Holding over after expiration of term.
- 6 - Mode of choosing state officers if not otherwise provided.
- 7 - Appointment by the governor and senate.
- 8 - Commissions of officers.
- 9 - Deputies, their appointment, number and duties.
- 10 - Official oaths.
- 11 - Official undertakings.
- 12 - Force and effect of official undertaking.
- 13 - Notice of neglect to file oath or undertaking.
- 14 - Effect of consolidation on terms of office.
- 15 - Validation of official acts performed before filing official oath or undertaking.
- 16 - Qualifications of certain judicial officers in cities of the first class.
- 17 - Defense and indemnification of state officers and employees.
- 18 - Defense and indemnification of officers and employees of public entities.
- 19 - Reimbursement of defense costs incurred by or on behalf of state employees.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.