2021 Georgia Code
Title 40 - Motor Vehicles and Traffic
Chapter 6 - Uniform Rules of the Road
Article 3 - Driving on Right Side of Roadway, Overtaking and Passing, Following Too Closely
- § 40-6-40. Vehicles to Drive on Right Side of Roadway; Exceptions; Impeding Traffic
- § 40-6-41. Passing Vehicles Proceeding in Opposite Directions
- § 40-6-42. Overtaking and Passing Generally
- § 40-6-43. When Overtaking and Passing on the Right Permitted
- § 40-6-44. Limitations on Overtaking and Passing on the Left
- § 40-6-45. Further Limitations on Driving on Left of Center of Roadway
- § 40-6-46. No-Passing Zones
- § 40-6-47. One-Way Roadways and Rotary Traffic Islands
- § 40-6-48. Driving on Roadways Laned for Traffic
- § 40-6-49. Following Too Closely
- § 40-6-50. Driving on Divided Highway, Controlled-Access Roadways, and Emergency Lanes
- § 40-6-51. Restrictions on Type of Vehicle That May Travel on Certain Major Interstates and Highways Inside the Interstate 285 Perimeter
- § 40-6-52. Prohibited Lane Usage by Trucks Using Multilane Highways
- § 40-6-53. Prohibited Lane Usage by Buses and Motorcoaches Using Multilane Highways; Hov Lane Usage by a Bus or Motorcoach
- § 40-6-54. Designation of Travel Lanes for Exclusive Use of Certain Vehicles; Penalty; Presumption; Establishment of High Occupancy Toll (Hot)lanes
- § 40-6-55. Obligation of Drivers to Yield to Bicyclist in a Bicycle Lane
- § 40-6-56. Procedure for Passing a Bicyclist
Am. Jur. 2d.
- 7A Am. Jur. 2d, Automobiles and Highway Traffic, § 247 et seq.
Negligence of Driver During Overtaking and Passing Maneuver, 29 POF2d 121.
Negligent Left Turn of Motor Vehicle, 35 POF2d 405.
Proof of Negligence of Motorist in Signaling Other Vehicle or Pedestrian to Proceed or Pass, 31 POF3d 145.ALR.
- Applicability of motor vehicle regulations to public officials or employees, 19 A.L.R. 459; 23 A.L.R. 418.
Validity of regulations as to part of street to be used by moving vehicles, 29 A.L.R. 1348.
Responsibility for collision at night of automobiles, one of which, with lights on, is standing or moving on wrong side of road, 59 A.L.R. 590.
Reciprocal duties of drivers of automobiles or other vehicles proceeding in the same direction, 104 A.L.R. 485.
Constitutionality, construction, and application, of statute prescribing special precautions in passing stopped automobile, 108 A.L.R. 987.
Automobile accidents on street or highway divided by parkway or other neutral strip, 165 A.L.R. 1418.
Liability for collision due to swaying or swinging of motor vehicle or trailer, 1 A.L.R.2d 167.
Negligence of motorist colliding with vehicle approaching in wrong lane, 47 A.L.R.2d 6.
Negligence of motorist as to injury or damage occasioned in avoiding collision with vehicle approaching in wrong lane, 47 A.L.R.2d 119.
Custom or practice of drivers of motor vehicles as affecting question of negligence, 77 A.L.R.2d 1327.
Gross negligence, recklessness, or the like, within "guest" statute, predicated upon conduct in passing cars ahead or position of car on wrong side of the road, 6 A.L.R.3d 832.