Go to previous versions of this Article
2021 Georgia Code
Title 40 - Motor Vehicles and Traffic
Chapter 6 - Uniform Rules of the Road
Article 11 - Miscellaneous Provisions
- § 40-6-240. Backing
- § 40-6-241. Distracted Driving; Restrictions on Operation of Wireless Telecommunications Devices and Stand-Alone Electronic Devices; Penalty; Exceptions
- § 40-6-241.1. Definitions; Prohibition on Certain Persons Operating Motor Vehicle While Engaging in Wireless Communications; Exceptions; Penalties
- § 40-6-241.2. Writing, Sending, or Reading Text Based Communication While Operating Motor Vehicle Prohibited; Prohibited Uses of Wireless Telecommunications Devices by Drivers of Commercial Vehicles; Exceptions; Penalties for Violation
- § 40-6-242. Obstruction of Driver's View or Interference With Control of Vehicle
- § 40-6-243. Opening and Closing Vehicle Doors
- § 40-6-244. Riding in House Trailer
- § 40-6-245. Driving Through Canyon or on Mountain Highway
- § 40-6-246. Coasting
- § 40-6-247. Following Fire Apparatus or Emergency Vehicle
- § 40-6-248. Crossing Fire Hose
- § 40-6-248.1. Securing and Covering Loads on Vehicles
- § 40-6-249. Littering Highway
- § 40-6-250. Wearing Device Which Impairs Hearing or Vision
- § 40-6-251. Driving in Circular or Zigzag Course; "Laying drags."
- § 40-6-252. Parking, Standing, or Driving Vehicle in Private Parking Area After Request Not to Do So
- § 40-6-253. Consumption of Alcoholic Beverage or Possession of Open Container of Alcoholic Beverage in Passenger Area
- § 40-6-253.1. Transportation of Medical Waste; Exception; Penalty for Violation
- § 40-6-254. Operating Vehicle Without Adequately Securing Load
- § 40-6-255. Driving Away Without Paying for Gasoline
- Duty in operating automobile at curve or on hill, 57 A.L.R. 589.
Duty of operator of motor vehicle as affected by barrier placed to indicate that street is closed or undergoing repairs, 78 A.L.R. 525.
Duty and liability of vehicle driver blinded by glare of lights, 22 A.L.R.2d 292.
Inference or presumption that owner of motor vehicle was its driver at time of traffic, driving, or parking offense, 49 A.L.R.2d 456.
Liability or recovery in automobile negligence action as affected by driver's being blinded by lights of motor vehicle, 64 A.L.R.3d 551; 64 A.L.R.3d 760.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.