2017 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
Chapter 63. County and city civil service.
COUNTY CIVIL SERVICE
- 63.01 County civil service commission; appointment; terms.
- 63.02 Rules; secretary; employees; offices.
- 63.03 Classification.
- 63.04 Appointments; promotions and removals in classified service.
- 63.05 Certifications; appointments; temporary assignments.
- 63.06 Rights of employees in military service.
- 63.065 Elected county or state officers.
- 63.07 Temporary appointments.
- 63.08 Eligible lists.
- 63.085 Certification and appointment of handicapped; special lists of eligibles.
- 63.09 Efficiency records; promotions.
- 63.10 Demotion; dismissal; procedure.
- 63.11 Standard scale of compensation.
- 63.12 Investigations; testimonial powers; witnesses.
- 63.13 Certification of payrolls.
- 63.14 Prohibited influences and practices.
- 63.15 Existing officers and employees, how affected.
- 63.16 Appropriation for commission.
- 63.17 Violations, county civil service.
FIRST CLASS CITY
- 63.18 First class city commission; appointment; terms.
- 63.19 Duties and powers of board.
- 63.20 Compulsory attendance and fees of witnesses.
- 63.21 Annual report.
- 63.22 City and its officers to cooperate in carrying out the law.
- 63.23 Classification of offices.
- 63.235 Delegation to board of school directors.
- 63.24 Commission to make rules.
- 63.25 Rules, what to require.
- 63.26 Appointments to conform to rules.
- 63.27 Rules not applicable to certain officers.
- 63.28 Civil service to include stenographic and clerical employees in the office of the city attorney.
- 63.29 Civil service for attorneys in office of city attorney.
- 63.30 Secretary; selection, duties.
- 63.31 Funds for board.
- 63.32 Applicants to be examined; character of examinations.
- 63.33 Examinations reasonable.
- 63.34 Notice of examinations.
- 63.35 Application, contents.
- 63.36 Appointment of examiners; compensation.
- 63.37 Board to keep a register of eligibles.
- 63.38 Persons examined not to be obstructed, aided or impersonated.
- 63.39 Vacancies, how filled.
- 63.40 Special expert class.
- 63.41 Vacancies in special cases, how filled.
- 63.42 Notice to commissioners of all appointments, and of all offices abandoned.
- 63.43 Removals for just cause only; reasons to be furnished in writing; hearings; decisions.
- 63.44 Provisions for removals not to apply to certain departments.
- 63.45 No payments approved or made of salary in the classified service except as provided.
- 63.49 No promotion or demotion for making or refusing political contributions.
- 63.50 Use of money prohibited.
- 63.51 The improper use or promise of political influence forbidden.
- 63.52 Violations, city civil service; vacates office; disqualification; prosecution.
- 63.53 Board of school directors employees.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wisconsin may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.