2017 Revised Code of Washington
Title 46 - MOTOR VEHICLES
46.29 Financial responsibility.
- 46.29.010 Purpose.
- 46.29.020 Definitions.
- 46.29.030 Director to administer chapter.
- 46.29.033 Application of chapter to RCW 48.177.010.
- 46.29.040 Court review.
- 46.29.050 Furnishing driving record and evidence of ability to respond in damages—Fees.
SECURITY FOLLOWING ACCIDENT
- 46.29.060 Application of sections requiring deposit of security and suspensions for failure to deposit security.
- 46.29.070 Department to determine amount of security required—Notices.
- 46.29.080 Exceptions as to requirement of security.
- 46.29.090 Requirements as to policy or bond.
- 46.29.100 Form and amount of security.
- 46.29.110 Failure to deposit security—Suspensions.
- 46.29.120 Release from liability.
- 46.29.130 Adjudication of nonliability.
- 46.29.140 Agreements for payment of damages.
- 46.29.150 Payment upon judgment.
- 46.29.160 Termination of security requirement.
- 46.29.170 Duration of suspension.
- 46.29.180 Application to nonresidents, unlicensed drivers, unregistered vehicles, and accidents in other states.
- 46.29.190 Authority of department to decrease amount of security.
- 46.29.200 Correction of action by department.
- 46.29.210 Custody of security.
- 46.29.220 Disposition of security.
- 46.29.230 Return of deposit.
- 46.29.240 Certain matters not evidence in civil suits.
PROOF OF FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE FUTURE
- 46.29.250 Application of sections requiring deposit of proof of financial responsibility for the future.
- 46.29.260 "Proof of financial responsibility for the future" defined.
- 46.29.270 "Judgment," "state" defined.
- 46.29.280 Suspension continues until proof furnished.
- 46.29.290 Action in respect to unlicensed person.
- 46.29.300 Action in respect to nonresidents.
- 46.29.310 When judgment creditors to report nonpayment of judgments.
- 46.29.320 Further action with respect to nonresidents.
- 46.29.330 Suspension for nonpayment of judgments.
- 46.29.340 Exception in relation to government vehicles.
- 46.29.350 Exception when consent granted by judgment creditor.
- 46.29.360 Exception when insurer liable.
- 46.29.370 Suspension continues until judgments paid and proof given.
- 46.29.390 Payments sufficient to satisfy requirements.
- 46.29.400 Installment payment of judgments—Default.
- 46.29.410 Action if breach of agreement.
- 46.29.420 Proof required in addition to deposit of security after accident.
- 46.29.430 Additional proof required—Suspension or revocation for failure to give proof.
- 46.29.440 Additional proof required—Suspension to continue until proof given and maintained.
- 46.29.450 Alternate methods of giving proof.
- 46.29.460 Certificate of insurance as proof.
- 46.29.470 Certificate furnished by nonresident as proof.
- 46.29.480 Default by nonresident insurer.
- 46.29.490 "Motor vehicle liability policy" defined.
- 46.29.500 Notice of cancellation or termination of certified policy.
- 46.29.510 Chapter not to affect other policies.
- 46.29.520 Bond as proof.
- 46.29.530 When bond constitutes a lien.
- 46.29.540 Action on bond.
- 46.29.550 Money or securities as proof.
- 46.29.560 Application of deposit.
- 46.29.570 Owner may give proof for others.
- 46.29.580 Substitution of proof.
- 46.29.590 Other proof required, when.
- 46.29.600 Duration of proof—When proof may be canceled or returned.
- 46.29.605 Suspension of registration, notice—Surrender of license plates—Penalties.
- 46.29.610 Surrender of license—Penalty.
- 46.29.620 Forged proof—Penalty.
Revoked license not to be renewed or restored until proof of financial responsibility given: RCW 46.20.311.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Washington may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.