2017 Revised Code of Washington
Title 46 - MOTOR VEHICLES
46.20 Drivers' licenses—Identicards.
DRIVER'S LICENSE AND PERMIT REQUIREMENTS
- 46.20.001 License required—Rights and restriction.
- 46.20.005 Driving without a license—Misdemeanor, when.
- 46.20.015 Driving without a license—Traffic infraction, when.
- 46.20.017 Immediate possession and displayed on demand.
- 46.20.021 New residents.
- 46.20.022 Unlicensed drivers—Subject to Title 46 RCW.
- 46.20.024 Unlawful to allow unauthorized minors to drive.
- 46.20.025 Exemptions.
- 46.20.027 Armed forces, dependents.
- 46.20.031 Ineligibility.
- 46.20.035 Proof of identity.
- 46.20.037 Facial recognition matching system.
- 46.20.041 Persons with physical or mental disabilities or diseases.
- 46.20.045 School bus, for hire drivers—Age.
- 46.20.049 Commercial driver's license—Additional fee, disposition.
- 46.20.055 Instruction permit.
- 46.20.065 Temporary permit.
- 46.20.070 Juvenile agricultural driving permit.
- 46.20.075 Intermediate license.
OBTAINING OR RENEWING A DRIVER'S LICENSE
- 46.20.091 Application—Penalty for false statement—Driving records from and to other jurisdictions.
- 46.20.0921 Violations—Penalty.
- 46.20.093 Bicycle safety.
- 46.20.095 Instructional publication information.
- 46.20.100 Persons under eighteen.
- 46.20.105 Identifying types of licenses and permits.
- 46.20.109 Wheelchair conveyances.
- 46.20.111 Registration with selective service system for males under twenty-six upon application—Opportunity to consent or decline.
- 46.20.113 Anatomical gift statement.
- 46.20.1131 Information for organ donor registry.
- 46.20.114 Preventing alteration or reproduction.
- 46.20.117 Identicards.
- 46.20.118 Negative file.
- 46.20.119 Reasonable rules.
- 46.20.120 Examinations—Waiver—Fees—Renewals—Administration.
- 46.20.125 Waiver—Agreement with other jurisdictions.
- 46.20.126 Rules.
- 46.20.130 Content and conduct of examinations.
- 46.20.153 Voter registration—Posting signs.
- 46.20.155 Voter registration, update—Services.
- 46.20.157 Data to consolidated technology services agency—Confidentiality.
- 46.20.161 Issuance—Contents—Fee.
- 46.20.181 Expiration date—Renewal—Fees—Penalty.
- 46.20.185 Photograph during renewal.
- 46.20.187 Registration of sex offenders.
- 46.20.191 Compliance with federal REAL ID Act of 2005 requirements—Department safeguards.
- 46.20.1911 Costs and burdens of compliance with federal REAL ID Act of 2005 requirements—Legal challenge.
- 46.20.192 Compliance with federal REAL ID Act of 2005 requirements—Driver's license and identicard markings—Rules.
- 46.20.1921 Compliance with federal REAL ID Act of 2005 requirements—Design feature restrictions.
- 46.20.200 Lost, destroyed, or corrected licenses, identicards, or permits.
- 46.20.202 Enhanced drivers' licenses and identicards for Canadian border crossing—Border-crossing initiative—Fee amount, distribution.
- 46.20.2021 Statewide education campaign for border-crossing initiative.
- 46.20.205 Change of address or name.
RESTRICTING THE DRIVING PRIVILEGE
- 46.20.207 Cancellation.
- 46.20.215 Nonresidents—Suspension or revocation—Reporting offenders.
- 46.20.220 Vehicle rentals—Records.
- 46.20.245 Mandatory revocation—Notice—Administrative, judicial review—Rules—Application.
- 46.20.265 Juvenile driving privileges—Revocation for alcohol or drug violations.
- 46.20.267 Intermediate licensees.
- 46.20.270 Driving offenses—Procedures—Definitions.
- 46.20.285 Offenses requiring revocation.
- 46.20.286 Adoption of procedures.
- 46.20.289 Suspension for failure to respond, appear, etc.
- 46.20.2891 Moving violation, definition by rule—Notice.
- 46.20.291 Authority to suspend—Grounds.
- 46.20.292 Finding of juvenile court officer.
- 46.20.293 Minor's record to juvenile court, parents, or guardians.
- 46.20.300 Extraterritorial convictions.
- 46.20.305 Incompetent, unqualified driver—Reexamination—Physician's certificate—Action by department.
- 46.20.308 Implied consent—Test refusal—Procedures.
- 46.20.3101 Implied consent—License sanctions, length of.
- 46.20.311 Duration of license sanctions—Reissuance or renewal.
- 46.20.315 Surrender of license.
- 46.20.317 Unlicensed drivers.
- 46.20.320 Suspension, etc., effective although certificate not delivered.
- 46.20.322 Interview before suspension, etc.—Exceptions—Appearance of minor's parent or guardian.
- 46.20.323 Notice of interview—Contents.
- 46.20.324 Persons not entitled to interview or hearing.
- 46.20.325 Suspension or probation before interview—Alternative procedure.
- 46.20.326 Failure to appear or request interview constitutes waiver—Procedure.
- 46.20.327 Conduct of interview—Referee—Evidence—Not deemed hearing.
- 46.20.328 Findings and notification after interview—Request for formal hearing.
- 46.20.329 Formal hearing—Procedures, notice, stay.
- 46.20.331 Hearing and decision by director's designee.
- 46.20.332 Formal hearing—Evidence—Subpoenas—Reexamination—Findings and recommendations.
- 46.20.333 Decision after formal hearing.
- 46.20.334 Appeal to superior court.
- 46.20.335 Probation in lieu of suspension or revocation.
DRIVING OR USING LICENSE WHILE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED
- 46.20.338 Display or possession of invalidated license or identicard.
- 46.20.341 Relicensing diversion programs—Program information to administrative office of the courts.
- 46.20.342 Driving while license invalidated—Penalties—Extension of invalidation.
- 46.20.345 Operation under other license or permit while license suspended or revoked—Penalty.
- 46.20.349 Stopping vehicle of suspended or revoked driver.
- 46.20.355 Alcohol violator—Probationary license.
IGNITION INTERLOCK, TEMPORARY RESTRICTED, OCCUPATIONAL LICENSES
- 46.20.380 Fee.
- 46.20.385 Ignition interlock driver's license—Application—Eligibility—Cancellation—Costs—Rules.
- 46.20.391 Temporary restricted, occupational licenses—Application—Eligibility—Restrictions—Cancellation.
- 46.20.394 Detailed restrictions—Violation.
- 46.20.400 Obtaining new driver's license—Surrender of order and current license.
- 46.20.410 Penalty—Violation.
- 46.20.500 Special endorsement—Exceptions.
- 46.20.505 Special endorsement fees.
- 46.20.510 Instruction permit—Fee.
- 46.20.515 Examination—Emphasis—Administration—Waiver.
- 46.20.520 Training and education program—Advisory board.
ALCOHOL DETECTION DEVICES
- 46.20.710 Legislative finding.
- 46.20.720 Ignition interlock device restriction—For whom—Duration—Removal requirements—Credit—Employer exemption—Fee.
- 46.20.740 Notation on driving record—Verification of interlock—Penalty, exception.
- 46.20.745 Ignition interlock device revolving account program—Pilot program.
- 46.20.750 Circumventing ignition interlock—Penalty.
- 46.20.755 Local verification of ignition interlock device installation—Immunity.
Rules of court: Bail in criminal traffic offense cases—Mandatory appearance—CrRLJ 3.2.
Traffic infractions—Monetary penalty schedule—IRLJ 6.2.
Allowing unauthorized person to drive—Penalty: RCW 46.16A.520.
Juvenile driving privileges, alcohol or drug violations: RCW 66.44.365, 69.50.420.