2005 Washington Revised Code RCW 79.125.710: Grant of lands for city park or playground purposes.

    Whenever application is made to the department by any incorporated city or town or metropolitan park district for the use of any state-owned tidelands or shorelands within the corporate limits of the city or town or metropolitan park district for municipal park and/or playground purposes, the department shall cause the application to be entered in the records of its office, and shall then forward the application to the governor, who shall appoint a committee of five representative citizens of the city or town, in addition to the commissioner and the director of ecology, both of whom shall be ex officio members of the committee, to investigate the lands and determine whether they are suitable and needed for park or playground purposes; and, if they so find, the commissioner shall certify to the governor that the property shall be deeded, when in accordance with RCW 79.125.200 and 79.125.700, to the city or town or metropolitan park district and the governor shall then execute a deed in the name of the state of Washington, attested by the secretary of state, conveying the use of the lands to the city or town or metropolitan park district for park or playground purposes for so long as it shall continue to hold, use, and maintain the lands for park or playground purposes.

    [2005 c 155 § 517; 2003 c 334 § 447; 1988 c 127 § 33; 1939 c 157 § 1; RRS § 7993-1. Formerly RCW 79.94.175, 79.08.080.]

         Intent -- 2003 c 334: See note following RCW 79.02.010.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Washington may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.