2005 Revised Code of Washington - Chapter 49.60 RCW: Discrimination — human rights commission
- 49.60.010 Purpose of chapter.
- 49.60.020 Construction of chapter -- Election of other remedies.
- 49.60.030 Freedom from discrimination -- Declaration of civil rights.
- 49.60.040 Definitions.
- 49.60.050 Commission created.
- 49.60.051 Board name changed to Washington State Human Rights Commission.
- 49.60.060 Membership of commission.
- 49.60.070 Compensation and reimbursement for travel expenses of commission members.
- 49.60.080 Official seal.
- 49.60.090 Offices of commission.
- 49.60.100 Reports of commission.
- 49.60.110 Commission to formulate policies.
- 49.60.120 Certain powers and duties of commission.
- 49.60.130 May create advisory agencies and conciliation councils.
- 49.60.140 Commission may hold hearings and subpoena witnesses.
- 49.60.150 Witnesses compelled to testify.
- 49.60.160 Refusals may be punished as contempt of court.
- 49.60.170 Witness fees -- Deposition fees.
- 49.60.172 Unfair practices with respect to HIV or hepatitis C infection.
- 49.60.174 Evaluation of claim of discrimination -- Actual or perceived HIV or hepatitis C infection.
- 49.60.175 Unfair practices of financial institutions.
- 49.60.176 Unfair practices with respect to credit transactions.
- 49.60.178 Unfair practices with respect to insurance transactions.
- 49.60.180 Unfair practices of employers.
- 49.60.190 Unfair practices of labor unions.
- 49.60.200 Unfair practices of employment agencies.
- 49.60.205 Age discrimination -- Limitation.
- 49.60.210 Unfair practices -- Discrimination against person opposing unfair practice -- Retaliation against whistleblower.
- 49.60.215 Unfair practices of places of public resort, accommodation, assemblage, amusement.
- 49.60.220 Unfair practice to aid violation.
- 49.60.222 Unfair practices with respect to real estate transactions, facilities, or services.
- 49.60.223 Unfair practice to induce sale or rental of real property by representations regarding entry into neighborhood of persons of particular race, disability, etc.
- 49.60.2235 Unfair practice to coerce, intimidate, threaten, or interfere regarding secured real estate transaction rights.
- 49.60.224 Real property contract provisions restricting conveyance, encumbrance, occupancy, or use to persons of particular race, disability, etc., void -- Unfair practice.
- 49.60.225 Relief for unfair practice in real estate transaction -- Damages -- Penalty.
- 49.60.226 Cooperative agreements between units of government for processing complaints.
- 49.60.227 Declaratory judgment action to strike discriminatory provision of real property contract.
- 49.60.230 Complaint may be filed with commission.
- 49.60.240 Complaint investigated -- Conference, conciliation -- Agreement, findings -- Rules.
- 49.60.250 Hearing of complaint by administrative law judge -- Limitation of relief -- Penalties -- Order.
- 49.60.260 Enforcement of orders of administrative law judge -- Appellate review of court order.
- 49.60.270 Appeal from orders of administrative law judge.
- 49.60.280 Court shall expeditiously hear and determine.
- 49.60.310 Misdemeanor to interfere with or resist commission.
- 49.60.320 Governor may act on orders against state or political subdivisions.
- 49.60.330 First class cities of over one hundred twenty-five thousand population -- Administrative remedies authorized -- Superior court jurisdiction.
- 49.60.340 Election for civil action in lieu of hearing -- Relief.
- 49.60.350 Temporary or preliminary relief -- Superior court jurisdiction -- Petition of commission.
- 49.60.360 Refueling services for disabled drivers -- Violation -- Investigation -- Intentional display of plate or placard invalid or not legally issued prohibited -- Fine -- Notice to disabled persons.
- 49.60.370 Liability for killing or injuring dog guide or service animal -- Penalty in addition to other remedies or penalties -- Recovery of attorneys' fees and costs--No duty to investigate.
- 49.60.380 License waiver for dog guide and service animals.
- 49.60.390 Rule-making authority--Deadline--1997 c 271.
- 49.60.400 Discrimination, preferential treatment prohibited.
- 49.60.401 Short title -- 1999 c 3.
|Annual report on programs to reduce racial disproportionality: RCW
Application forms -- Licenses -- Mention of race or religion prohibited -- Penalty: RCW 43.01.100.
Denial of civil rights: RCW 9.91.010.
Dog guide or service animal, interfering with: RCW 9.91.170.
Handicapped persons, discrimination in public employment prohibited: RCW 70.84.080.
Gender equality in higher education: Chapter 28B.110 RCW.
Interschool athletic and other extracurricular activities for students, discrimination prohibited: RCW 28A.600.200.
Malicious harassment because of a person's race, color, religion, ancestry, or national origin -- Criminal penalty -- Civil cause of action: RCW 9A.36.080.
Militia, organized, discrimination prohibited: RCW 38.40.110.
Sexual equality: State Constitution Art. 31 §§ 1, 2 (Amendment 61).
Sexual equality mandated for public schools: Chapter 28A.640 RCW.
Unfit buildings, discrimination prohibited: RCW 35.80.040.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Washington may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.