2005 Washington Revised Code RCW 49.48.084: Wage complaints — Administrative appeals.
(1) A person, firm, or corporation aggrieved by a citation and notice of assessment or a determination of compliance issued by the department under RCW
49.48.083 may appeal the citation and notice of assessment or the determination of compliance to the director by filing a notice of appeal with the director within thirty days of the department's issuance of the citation and notice of assessment or the determination of compliance. A citation and notice of assessment or a determination of compliance not appealed within thirty days is final and binding, and not subject to further appeal.
(2) A notice of appeal filed with the director under this section shall stay the effectiveness of the citation and notice of assessment or the determination of compliance pending final review of the appeal by the director as provided for in chapter 34.05 RCW.
(3) Upon receipt of a notice of appeal, the director shall assign the hearing to an administrative law judge of the office of administrative hearings to conduct the hearing and issue an initial order. The hearing and review procedures shall be conducted in accordance with chapter 34.05 RCW, and the standard of review by the administrative law judge of an appealed citation and notice of assessment or an appealed determination of compliance shall be de novo. Any party who seeks to challenge an initial order shall file a petition for administrative review with the director within thirty days after service of the initial order. The director shall conduct administrative review in accordance with chapter 34.05 RCW.
(4) The director shall issue all final orders after appeal of the initial order. The final order of the director is subject to judicial review in accordance with chapter 34.05 RCW.
(5) Orders that are not appealed within the time period specified in this section and chapter 34.05 RCW are final and binding, and not subject to further appeal.
(6) An employer who fails to allow adequate inspection of records in an investigation by the department under this chapter within a reasonable time period may not use such records in any appeal under this section to challenge the correctness of any determination by the department of wages owed.
[2006 c 89 § 3.]
[2006 c 89 § 3.]
| Captions not law -- 2006 c 89: See note following RCW
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Washington may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.