2005 Washington Revised Code RCW 49.48.082: Wage complaints — Definitions.
The definitions in this section apply throughout this section and RCW
(1) "Citation" means a written determination by the department that a wage payment requirement has been violated.
(2) "Department" means the department of labor and industries.
(3) "Determination of compliance" means a written determination by the department that wage payment requirements have not been violated.
(4) "Director" means the director of the department of labor and industries, or the director's authorized representative.
(5) "Employee" has the meaning provided in: (a) RCW 49.46.010 for purposes of a wage payment requirement set forth in RCW 49.46.020 or 49.46.130; and (b) RCW 49.12.005 for purposes of a wage payment requirement set forth in RCW 49.48.010, 49.52.050, or 49.52.060.
(6) "Employer" has the meaning provided in RCW 49.46.010 for purposes of a wage payment requirement set forth in RCW 49.46.020, 49.46.130, 49.48.010, 49.52.050, or 49.52.060.
(7) "Notice of assessment" means a written notice by the department that, based on a citation, the employer shall pay the amounts assessed under RCW 49.48.083.
(8) "Wage" has the meaning provided in RCW 49.46.010.
(9) "Wage complaint" means a complaint from an employee to the department that asserts that an employer has violated one or more wage payment requirements and that is reduced to writing.
(10) "Wage payment requirement" means a wage payment requirement set forth in RCW 49.46.020, 49.46.130, 49.48.010, 49.52.050, or 49.52.060, and any related rules adopted by the department.
(11) "Willful" means a knowing and intentional action that is neither accidental nor the result of a bona fide dispute, as evaluated under the standards applicable to wage payment violations under RCW 49.52.050(2).
[2006 c 89 § 1.]
[2006 c 89 § 1.]
| Captions not law -- 2006 c 89: "Captions used in this act are not any part of the law." [2006 c 89 § 8.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Washington may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.