2011 US Code
Title 42 - The Public Health and Welfare
Chapter 21 - CIVIL RIGHTS (§§ 1981 - 2000h-6)
|Publication Title||United States Code, 2006 Edition, Supplement 5, Title 42 - THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE|
|Category||Bills and Statutes|
|Collection||United States Code|
|SuDoc Class Number||Y 1.2/5:|
|Contained Within||Title 42 - THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE |
CHAPTER 21 - CIVIL RIGHTS
|Contains||sections 1981 to 2000h-6|
|Laws in Effect as of Date||January 3, 2012|
- Table Of Contents
- Subchapter I - GENERALLY (§§ 1981 - 1996b)
- Section 1981 - Equal rights under the law
- Section 1981a - Damages in cases of intentional discrimination in employment
- Section 1982 - Property rights of citizens
- Section 1983 - Civil action for deprivation of rights
- Section 1984 - Omitted
- Section 1985 - Conspiracy to interfere with civil rights
- Section 1986 - Action for neglect to prevent
- Section 1987 - Prosecution of violation of certain laws
- Section 1988 - Proceedings in vindication of civil rights
- Section 1989 - United States magistrate judges; appointment of persons to execute warrants
- Section 1990 - Marshal to obey precepts; refusing to receive or execute process
- Section 1991 - Fees; persons appointed to execute process
- Section 1992 - Speedy trial
- Section 1993 - Repealed. Pub. L. 85-315, pt. III, §122, Sept. 9, 1957, 71 Stat. 637
- Section 1994 - Peonage abolished
- Section 1995 - Criminal contempt proceedings; penalties; trial by jury
- Section 1996 - Protection and preservation of traditional religions of Native Americans
- Section 1996a - Traditional Indian religious use of peyote
- Section 1996b - Interethnic adoption
- Subchapter I-A - INSTITUTIONALIZED PERSONS (§§ 1997 - 1997j)
- Section 1997 - Definitions
- Section 1997a - Initiation of civil actions
- Section 1997a-1 - Subpoena authority
- Section 1997b - Certification requirements; Attorney General to personally sign certification
- Section 1997c - Intervention in actions
- Section 1997d - Prohibition of retaliation
- Section 1997e - Suits by prisoners
- Section 1997f - Report to Congress
- Section 1997g - Priorities for use of funds
- Section 1997h - Notice to Federal departments
- Section 1997i - Disclaimer respecting standards of care
- Section 1997j - Disclaimer respecting private litigation
- Subchapter II - PUBLIC ACCOMMODATIONS (§§ 2000a - 2000a-6)
- Section 2000a - Prohibition against discrimination or segregation in places of public accommodation
- Section 2000a-1 - Prohibition against discrimination or segregation required by any law, statute, ordinance...
- Section 2000a-2 - Prohibition against deprivation of, interference with, and punishment for exercising rights and...
- Section 2000a-3 - Civil actions for injunctive relief
- Section 2000a-4 - Community Relations Service; investigations and hearings; executive session; release of testimony...
- Section 2000a-5 - Civil actions by the Attorney General
- Section 2000a-6 - Jurisdiction; exhaustion of other remedies; exclusiveness of remedies; assertion of rights based...
- Subchapter III - PUBLIC FACILITIES (§§ 2000b - 2000b-3)
- Subchapter IV - PUBLIC EDUCATION (§§ 2000c - 2000c-9)
- Section 2000c - Definitions
- Section 2000c-1 - Omitted
- Section 2000c-2 - Technical assistance in preparation, adoption, and implementation of plans for desegregation of...
- Section 2000c-3 - Training institutes; stipends; travel allowances
- Section 2000c-4 - Grants for inservice training in dealing with and for employment of specialists to advise in...
- Section 2000c-5 - Payments; adjustments; advances or reimbursement; installments
- Section 2000c-6 - Civil actions by the Attorney General
- Section 2000c-7 - Liability of United States for costs
- Section 2000c-8 - Personal suits for relief against discrimination in public education
- Section 2000c-9 - Classification and assignment
- Subchapter V - FEDERALLY ASSISTED PROGRAMS (§§ 2000d - 2000d-7)
- Section 2000d - Prohibition against exclusion from participation in, denial of benefits of, and discrimination...
- Section 2000d-1 - Federal authority and financial assistance to programs or activities by way of grant, loan, or...
- Section 2000d-2 - Judicial review; administrative procedure provisions
- Section 2000d-3 - Construction of provisions not to authorize administrative action with respect to employment...
- Section 2000d-4 - Federal authority and financial assistance to programs or activities by way of contract of...
- Section 2000d-4a - Program or activity” and “program” defined
- Section 2000d-5 - Prohibited deferral of action on applications by local educational agencies seeking Federal funds...
- Section 2000d-6 - Policy of United States as to application of nondiscrimination provisions in schools of local...
- Section 2000d-7 - Civil rights remedies equalization
- Subchapter VI - EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES (§§ 2000e - 2000e-17)
- Section 2000e - Definitions
- Section 2000e-1 - Exemption
- Section 2000e-2 - Unlawful employment practices
- Section 2000e-3 - Other unlawful employment practices
- Section 2000e-4 - Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Section 2000e-5 - Enforcement provisions
- Section 2000e-6 - Civil actions by the Attorney General
- Section 2000e-7 - Effect on State laws
- Section 2000e-8 - Investigations
- Section 2000e-9 - Conduct of hearings and investigations pursuant to section 161 of title 29
- Section 2000e-10 - Posting of notices; penalties
- Section 2000e-11 - Veterans’ special rights or preference
- Section 2000e-12 - Regulations; conformity of regulations with administrative procedure provisions; reliance on...
- Section 2000e-13 - Application to personnel of Commission of sections 111 and 1114 of title 18; punishment for...
- Section 2000e-14 - Equal Employment Opportunity Coordinating Council; establishment; composition; duties; report to...
- Section 2000e-15 - Presidential conferences; acquaintance of leadership with provisions for employment rights and...
- Section 2000e-16 - Employment by Federal Government
- Section 2000e-16a - Short title; purpose; definition
- Section 2000e-16b - Discriminatory practices prohibited
- Section 2000e-16c - Coverage of previously exempt State employees
- Section 2000e-17 - Procedure for denial, withholding, termination, or suspension of Government contract subsequent...
- Subchapter VII - REGISTRATION AND VOTING STATISTICS (§§ 2000f)
- Subchapter VIII - COMMUNITY RELATIONS SERVICE (§§ 2000g - 2000g-3)
- Subchapter IX - MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS (§§ 2000h - 2000h-6)
- Section 2000h - Criminal contempt proceedings: trial by jury, criminal practice, penalties, exceptions, intent...
- Section 2000h-1 - Double jeopardy; specific crimes and criminal contempts
- Section 2000h-2 - Intervention by Attorney General; denial of equal protection on account of race, color, religion...
- Section 2000h-3 - Construction of provisions not to affect authority of Attorney General, etc., to institute or...
- Section 2000h-4 - Construction of provisions not to exclude operation of State laws and not to invalidate...
- Section 2000h-5 - Authorization of appropriations
- Section 2000h-6 - Separability
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. The United States Government Printing Office may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the US site. Please check official sources.