2017 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 56 - Motor Vehicles
CHAPTER 15 - REGULATION OF MANUFACTURERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND DEALERS
ARTICLE 1 General Provisions
- Section 56-15-10. Definitions.
- Section 56-15-20. Persons subject to chapter and jurisdiction of courts; service of process.
- Section 56-15-30. Unfair methods of competition and unfair or deceptive acts or practices declared unlawful.
- Section 56-15-40. Specific acts deemed unfair methods of competition and unfair or deceptive acts or practices; Office of Administrator; appointment of personnel; enforcement; financial services company.
- Section 56-15-45. Ownership, operation or control of competing dealerships by manufacturer or franchisor; unfair competition against franchisee; preferential treatment defined; sales or leases to federal government or employees; sales of leased vehicles; manufacturer's e-commerce websites.
- Section 56-15-46. Notice of intent to establish or relocate competing dealership; injunction.
- Section 56-15-47. Designation of successor to the dealership in the event of death or incapacity of motor vehicle dealer; requirements; burden of proof.
- Section 56-15-50. Manufacturers shall specify delivery and preparation obligations of dealers; filing of copy of obligations and schedule of compensation.
- Section 56-15-60. Fulfillment of warranty agreements; dealers' claims for compensation.
- Section 56-15-65. Requiring change of location or alteration of dealership.
- Section 56-15-70. Certain unreasonable restrictions on dealers or franchisees unlawful.
- Section 56-15-75. Requiring dealer to refrain from acquiring another line of new motor vehicles.
- Section 56-15-80. Agreements to which chapter applies.
- Section 56-15-85. Electronic sale of vehicles.
- Section 56-15-90. Failure to renew, termination or restriction of transfer of franchise; determining reasonable compensation for value of dealership franchise.
- Section 56-15-95. Termination or cancellation of franchise or selling agreement; determination of due cause.
- Section 56-15-96. Measurement of dealership performance; burden of proof.
- Section 56-15-98. Alteration of area of responsibility; notice; appeal and injunction; time for performance.
- Section 56-15-100. Discounts, refunds, and other inducements to dealers.
- Section 56-15-110. Suits for damages.
- Section 56-15-120. Limitation of actions.
- Section 56-15-130. Contracts in violation of chapter void.
- Section 56-15-140. Venue.
- Section 56-15-310. License required; term of license; fee; scope of license; penalty for violation.
- Section 56-15-315. Off-site displays of automobiles or trucks.
- Section 56-15-320. Application for license; bond; duties upon change of circumstances and termination of business.
- Section 56-15-330. Facilities required for issuance of dealer's license.
- Section 56-15-340. Records.
- Section 56-15-350. Denial, suspension, or revocation of license; grounds; procedure.
- Section 56-15-410. Required pre-licensing education courses.
- Section 56-15-420. Promulgation of regulations.
- Section 56-15-430. Applicability to franchised automobile dealers or nonfranchised dealers owned and operated by franchised dealers.
- Section 56-15-440. Applicability to dealers engaged primarily in motor vehicle salvage.
- Section 56-15-450. Applicability to dealers primarily engaged in rental of motor vehicles.
- Section 56-15-510. Definitions.
- Section 56-15-520. Transfer of title at wholesale motor vehicle auction; content of reassignment of title or bill of sale.
- Section 56-15-530. Buying or selling motor vehicles in name of wholesale motor vehicle auction.
- Section 56-15-540. Dealers and persons required by agency or law may purchase or sell at wholesale motor vehicle auction.
- Section 56-15-550. Sales through auction of motor vehicles acquired incident to regular business.
- Section 56-15-560. Application for license for wholesale motor vehicle auction; fee.
- Section 56-15-570. Surety bond required.
- Section 56-15-580. Change of information on application must be reported.
- Section 56-15-590. Establishment and retention of records.
- Section 56-15-600. Wholesale motor vehicle auction license plates.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.