2017 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 31 - Housing and Redevelopment
CHAPTER 12 - REDEVELOPMENT OF FEDERAL MILITARY INSTALLATIONS AND OTHER DEFENSE SITES
Section 31-12-280. Prerequisites to issuance of obligations.
(A) Before the issuance of obligations under this chapter, the municipality must set forth by way of ordinance the following:
(1) a copy of the redevelopment plan of the authority;
(2) a statement indicating the need for and proposed use of the proceeds of the obligations in relationship to the redevelopment plan;
(3) a list of all real property in the redevelopment project area; and
(4) a statement of the estimated impact of the redevelopment plan upon the revenues of all taxing districts in which a redevelopment project area is located.
(B) Before approving the issuance of obligations under this chapter, the governing body of the municipality must hold a public hearing on the redevelopment plan after published notice in a newspaper of general circulation in the county in which the tax increment finance district is located not less than fifteen days and not more than thirty days before the hearing. The notice must include:
(1) the time and place of the public hearing;
(2) a notification that all interested persons will be given an opportunity to be heard at the public hearing;
(3) a description of the redevelopment project area, the redevelopment plan, and the redevelopment project; and
(4) the maximum estimated term of obligations to be issued at that time.
(C) Not less than forty-five days before the date set for the public hearing, the municipality must give the same notice to all taxing districts of which taxable property is included in the redevelopment project area.
(D) Adoption of an ordinance approving the issuance of obligations under this chapter does not preclude amendments to the redevelopment plan of the authority and the proceeds of obligations issued may be applied to the implementation of the amended redevelopment plan.
HISTORY: 1994 Act No. 462, Section 1; 1998 Act No. 421, Section 1.