2017 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 31 - Housing and Redevelopment
CHAPTER 1 - STATE HOUSING LAW
ARTICLE 1 General Provisions
- Section 31-1-10. Short title.
- Section 31-1-20. Declaration of legislative finding.
- Section 31-1-30. General duties of Secretary of Commerce with respect to housing.
- Section 31-1-40. Electrical power permits.
- Section 31-1-50. Penalties for violating Section 31-1-40.
ARTICLE 3 Incorporation and General Regulation of Housing Corporations
- Section 31-1-110. Incorporation of limited dividend housing corporations.
- Section 31-1-120. Purposes of limited dividend housing corporations.
- Section 31-1-130. Par value shares.
- Section 31-1-140. Declaration required in articles.
- Section 31-1-150. Income debentures.
- Section 31-1-160. Consideration for issuance of stocks, bonds, and income debentures.
- Section 31-1-170. Limited return on stock.
- Section 31-1-180. Limitations on actions by companies.
- Section 31-1-190. Conveyances, leases, or subleases in violation of Section 31-1-180 shall be void.
- Section 31-1-200. Regulation of limited dividend housing companies.
- Section 31-1-210. Investigation of limited dividend housing companies.
- Section 31-1-220. Fees.
- Section 31-1-230. Provisions of general corporation law applicable.
ARTICLE 5 Projects
- Section 31-1-410. Approval of projects.
- Section 31-1-420. Action by city council on plans, adoptions, or rejections by director.
- Section 31-1-430. Charges included in term "cost".
- Section 31-1-440. Receipt and disbursement of funds by trustee.
- Section 31-1-450. Acquisition of required land.
- Section 31-1-460. Prerequisites to condemnation.
- Section 31-1-470. Sale or purchase of lands to or from municipality.
- Section 31-1-480. Purchases by one limited dividend housing corporation of property of another.
- Section 31-1-490. Consolidated and extended projects; operation of more than one project.
ARTICLE 7 Operation, Mortgages, Reorganization, Foreclosure, and the Like
- Section 31-1-610. Control of rentals.
- Section 31-1-620. Payments covered by rentals.
- Section 31-1-630. Reduction of rentals.
- Section 31-1-640. Surplus; maximum payments on dissolution.
- Section 31-1-650. Summary proceedings for mandamus or injunction against limited dividend housing corporations.
- Section 31-1-660. Procedure in actions against limited dividend housing corporations.
- Section 31-1-670. Mortgages and mortgage bonds.
- Section 31-1-680. Foreclosure.
- Section 31-1-690. Foreclosures free of restrictions of Section 31-1-680.
- Section 31-1-700. Enforcement of judgments not relating to mortgage indebtedness.
- Section 31-1-710. Reorganization of limited dividend housing corporations.
ARTICLE 9 Standards for Factory-Built Housing, Materials, or Systems
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.