2017 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 15 - Civil Remedies and Procedures
CHAPTER 61 - PARTITION
ARTICLE 1 General Provisions
2016 Act No. 153, Section 2, provides as follows:
"SECTION 2. Sections 15-61-10 through 15-61-110 are designated as Article 1, Chapter 61, Title 15, to be entitled 'General Provisions'."
- Section 15-61-10. Partition is compellable between certain joint tenants and tenants in common; Determination if property is heirs' property.
- Section 15-61-11. Waiver of partition of land which is site of electric generating plant.
- Section 15-61-20. Only parties to proceeding are affected by partition.
- Section 15-61-25. Right of first refusal of joint tenant or tenant in common to purchase property prior to partition; procedure.
- Section 15-61-30. State as owner of escheated interest is not necessary party.
- Section 15-61-40. Validation of certain titles.
- Section 15-61-50. Jurisdiction to partition in kind or by sale.
- Section 15-61-100. Sale may be ordered without writ upon testimony taken.
- Section 15-61-110. Attorneys' fees.
ARTICLE 3 Clementa C. Pinckney Uniform Partition of Heirs' Property Act
- Section 15-61-310. Short title.
- Section 15-61-320. Definitions.
- Section 15-61-330. Preliminary determination whether property is heirs' property; construction with Article 1.
- Section 15-61-340. Service of pleading; notice by publication.
- Section 15-61-350. Sale may be ordered without writ upon testimony taken.
- Section 15-61-360. Determination of value of property.
- Section 15-61-370. Cotenant requesting partition by sale.
- Section 15-61-380. Partition in kind or by allotment.
- Section 15-61-390. Determination of manifest prejudice or injury to cotenants as a group.
- Section 15-61-400. Sale of heirs' property; open-market sale; sale by sealed bids.
- Section 15-61-410. Report of broker appointed to offer heirs' property for open-market sale.
- Section 15-61-420. Construction of article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.