2017 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 15 - Civil Remedies and Procedures
CHAPTER 3 - LIMITATION OF CIVIL ACTIONS
ARTICLE 1 General Provisions
- Section 15-3-20. General rule as to time for commencement.
- Section 15-3-30. Exceptions where defendant is out of State.
- Section 15-3-40. Exceptions as to persons under disability.
- Section 15-3-50. Disability must exist when right accrued.
- Section 15-3-60. Effect of two or more disabilities.
- Section 15-3-80. Suits by and against enemy aliens.
- Section 15-3-90. Effect of reversal of judgment.
- Section 15-3-100. Effect of stay of action by injunction or statutory prohibition.
- Section 15-3-110. Limitations are not applicable to bills, notes or other evidences of debt of moneyed corporations.
- Section 15-3-120. Effect of new promises in writing or part payments.
- Section 15-3-130. Suits on causes saved from bar of statute by part payment or written acknowledgment.
- Section 15-3-140. Contract provision shortening statutory period.
- Section 15-3-150. No civil action for criminal conversation permitted.
ARTICLE 2 Year 2000 Commerce Protection Act
- Section 15-3-210. Short title.
- Section 15-3-220. Legislative intent.
- Section 15-3-230. Definitions.
- Section 15-3-240. Who may recover losses; recovery limited to economic loss and attorney's fees; exceptions; frivolous claims.
- Section 15-3-250. Claims pending prior to approval of this article.
- Section 15-3-255. Contract provisions.
- Section 15-3-260. Severability of provisions of this article.
ARTICLE 3 Actions for Recovery of Real Property
- Section 15-3-310. Action by State.
- Section 15-3-320. Action by grantee from State.
- Section 15-3-330. Action after State grants or patents have been declared void.
- Section 15-3-340. Action by individual for recovery of real property.
- Section 15-3-350. Action founded on title or for rents or services.
- Section 15-3-360. Action after entry or accrual of right of entry.
- Section 15-3-370. Persons under disability.
- Section 15-3-380. Effect of forty-year lapse.
ARTICLE 5 Actions Other Than for Recovery of Real Property
- Section 15-3-510. General rule.
- Section 15-3-520. Within twenty years.
- Section 15-3-530. Three years.
- Section 15-3-535. Limitation on actions commenced under Section 15-3-530(5).
- Section 15-3-540. Three years.
- Section 15-3-545. Actions for medical malpractice.
- Section 15-3-550. Two years.
- Section 15-3-555. Statute of limitations for action based on sexual abuse or incest.
- Section 15-3-560. One year.
- Section 15-3-570. Action for penalty.
- Section 15-3-580. Actions by motor carriers for charges.
- Section 15-3-590. Actions against motor carriers for overcharges.
- Section 15-3-600. Action for other relief.
- Section 15-3-610. Action upon current account.
- Section 15-3-620. Actions by State.
- Section 15-3-630. Actions against architects, professional engineers or contractors; definitions.
- Section 15-3-640. Actions based upon defective or unsafe condition of improvement to real property; right to contract for guarantee of structure for extended period.
- Section 15-3-660. Construction of Sections 15-3-640 through 15-3-670; extension of limitations periods.
- Section 15-3-670. Circumstances in which limitations provided by Sections 15-3-640 through 15-3-660 are not available as defense.
- Section 15-3-680. Construction of Sections 15-3-640 through 15-3-670; creation of causes of action not heretofore recognized; preclusion of causes of action accrued on May 12, 1986.
- Section 15-3-690. Immunity from civil liability for liquefied petroleum gas dealers; definitions; scope.
- Section 15-3-700. Immunity for property damage incurred in rescue from locked vehicle.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.