2012 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses
Chapter 17 - OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC POLICY
ARTICLE 1 BARRATRY
- Section 16-17-10 - Barratry prohibited.
- Section 16-17-20 - Persons convicted of barratry shall be barred from practice of law.
- Section 16-17-30 - Liability of corporations and unincorporated associations.
- Section 16-17-40 - Corporations or unincorporated associations convicted of barratry shall be barred from doing business in State.
- Section 16-17-50 - Article is cumulative.
ARTICLE 3 DESECRATION OR MUTILATION OF FLAGS
- Section 16-17-210 - Definitions.
- Section 16-17-220 - Desecration or mutilation of United States, Confederate or State flags.
- Section 16-17-230 - Presumption from possession.
ARTICLE 5 IMPROPER USE OF NAMES
- Section 16-17-310 - Imitation of organizations' names, emblems and the like.
- Section 16-17-320 - Injunction to restrain improper use of name and emblems.
ARTICLE 7 MISCELLANEOUS OFFENSES
- Section 16-17-410 - Conspiracy.
- Section 16-17-420 - Disturbing schools; summary court jurisdiction.
- Section 16-17-430 - Unlawful communication.
- Section 16-17-440 - Venue for prosecution under Section 16-17-430.
- Section 16-17-445 - Regulation of unsolicited consumer telephone calls.
- Section 16-17-446 - Regulation of automatically dialed announcing device (ADAD).
- Section 16-17-450 - Refusal to relinquish party telephone line for emergency call.
- Section 16-17-470 - Eavesdropping, peeping, voyeurism.
- Section 16-17-480 - Section 16-17-470 not applicable to law officers.
- Section 16-17-490 - Contributing to delinquency of a minor.
- Section 16-17-495 - Custodial interference.
- Section 16-17-500 - Sale or purchase of tobacco products for minors; proof of age; location of vending machines; penalties; smoking cessation programs.
- Section 16-17-501 - Definitions.
- Section 16-17-502 - Distribution of tobacco product samples.
- Section 16-17-503 - Enforcement; reporting requirements.
- Section 16-17-504 - Implementation; local laws.
- Section 16-17-505 - Cigarette packages violating certain federal laws; illegal sale or distribution; penalties; seizure.
- Section 16-17-510 - Enticing enrolled child from attendance in school.
- Section 16-17-520 - Disturbance of religious worship.
- Section 16-17-525 - Wilfully, knowingly or maliciously disturbing funeral service; penalties.
- Section 16-17-530 - Public disorderly conduct.
- Section 16-17-540 - Bribery with respect to agents, servants or employees.
- Section 16-17-550 - Bribery of athletes and athletic officials.
- Section 16-17-560 - Assault or intimidation on account of political opinions or exercise of civil rights.
- Section 16-17-570 - Interference with fire and police alarm boxes; giving false alarms.
- Section 16-17-580 - Removing State line marks.
- Section 16-17-600 - Destruction or desecration of human remains or repositories thereof; liability of crematory operators; penalties.
- Section 16-17-610 - Soliciting emigrants without licenses.
- Section 16-17-620 - Exemption of solicitors of farm laborers to work in adjacent states.
- Section 16-17-630 - Exemption of solicitors of household or domestic employees.
- Section 16-17-640 - Blackmail.
- Section 16-17-650 - Cockfighting.
- Section 16-17-660 - Using dry wells for sewerage in towns of 500 or over.
- Section 16-17-670 - Record shall be kept by dealers in crossties.
- Section 16-17-680 - Secondary metals recycler permit to purchase nonferrous metals; permit to transport and sell nonferrous metals; violations; penalties; records; notice; preemption.
- Section 16-17-685 - Repealed by 2011 Act No. 68, Section 3, eff Aug. 17, 2011.
- Section 16-17-690 - Fortunetelling for purpose of promoting another business.
- Section 16-17-700 - Tattooing.
- Section 16-17-710 - Resale of ticket to event; price restriction; exceptions; penalties.
- Section 16-17-720 - Impersonating law-enforcement officer.
- Section 16-17-722 - Filing of false police reports; knowledge; offense; penalties.
- Section 16-17-725 - Making false complaint to law enforcement officer; giving false information to rescue squad or fire department; misrepresenting identity to law enforcement officer during traffic stop or to avoid arrest or criminal charge.
- Section 16-17-730 - Charges for political advertisements in newspapers.
- Section 16-17-735 - Persons impersonating officials or law enforcement officers; persons falsely asserting authority of law; offenses; punishment.
- Section 16-17-740 - Sale or possession of "cigarette load"; penalty.
- Section 16-17-750 - Failure to carry certificate of alien registration or alien registration receipt care; penalty.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.