2018 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 33 - Probate practice and procedure
Chapter 33-16 Veterans' Guardianships
- Section 33-16-1 Short title.
- Section 33-16-2 Definitions.
- Section 33-16-3 Administrator as party to guardianship proceedings - Notice.
- Section 33-16-4 Appointments governed by chapter.
- Section 33-16-5 Maximum number of wards.
- Section 33-16-6 Filing of petition for appointment of guardian.
- Section 33-16-7 Contents of petition for appointment.
- Section 33-16-8 Additional facts shown by petition - Selection of guardian.
- Section 33-16-9 Rating of mental incompetence shown in petition.
- Section 33-16-10 Showing of minority as evidence of necessity for guardian.
- Section 33-16-11 Certificate of mental incompetence as evidence of necessity for guardian.
- Section 33-16-12 Notice of petition for guardianship.
- Section 33-16-13 Filing of bond.
- Section 33-16-14 Sureties on bond.
- Section 33-16-15 Filing of annual account.
- Section 33-16-16 Exhibition of securities and investments - Filing of certificates.
- Section 33-16-17 Notice of proceedings to veterans administration and others.
- Section 33-16-18 Accounting for property other than from veterans administration.
- Section 33-16-19 Grounds for removal of guardian.
- Section 33-16-20 Compensation of guardians.
- Section 33-16-21 Investments.
- Section 33-16-22 Support of persons other than ward, spouse, and children.
- Section 33-16-23 Purchase of real estate.
- Section 33-16-24 Certified copies of public records.
- Section 33-16-25 Termination of guardianship.
- Section 33-16-26 Commitment to federal agency for medical treatment.
- Section 33-16-27 Powers of federal agencies over persons committed - Retention of jurisdiction by court.
- Section 33-16-28 Effect of commitments by foreign courts.
- Section 33-16-29 Transfer of persons with mental illness to federal agencies.
- Section 33-16-30 Transfer to federal agency having effect of original commitment.
- Section 33-16-31 Commitment of insane person to federal agency.
- Section 33-16-32 Applicability of general laws of guardian and ward.
- Section 33-16-33 Applicability of chapter to guardians appointed under other law.
- Section 33-16-34 Uniformity of construction.
- Section 33-16-35 Severability.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.