2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 4 - Animals and Animal Husbandry
Chapter 4-16 - Estrays
- Section 4-16-1 - Taking up on private land.
- Section 4-16-2 - Notice and publication of estrays.
- Section 4-16-3 - Retention of estrays by taker.
- Section 4-16-4 - Reclaimer of estrays by owner.
- Section 4-16-5 - Settlement of disputes as to maintenance charges.
- Section 4-16-6 - Appraisal - Sale of unclaimed animals.
- Section 4-16-7 - Penalty for failure to proceed as required.
- Section 4-16-8 - Use of animal by taker pending reclaim.
- Section 4-16-9 - Clerk's records - Fees.
- Section 4-16-10 - Limited application of chapter.
- Section 4-16-11 - Use of the terms owner or guardian.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.