2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 4 - Animals and Animal Husbandry
Chapter 4-15 - Animals at Large
- Section 4-15-1 - Municipal pounds.
- Section 4-15-2 - Appointment of field drivers.
- Section 4-15-3 - Impoundment of animals at large on highways.
- Section 4-15-4 - Grazing animals deemed at large.
- Section 4-15-5 - Animals in private ways in Newport.
- Section 4-15-6 - Care of impounded animals.
- Section 4-15-7 - Fees paid to poundkeeper.
- Section 4-15-8 - Disposition of penalties.
- Section 4-15-9 - Advertising and notice of impoundment.
- Section 4-15-10 - Delivery of unclaimed animal to city or town treasurer.
- Section 4-15-11 - Sale of unclaimed animals - Disposition of proceeds.
- Section 4-15-12 - Conveyances found with impounded animals.
- Section 4-15-13 - Application of chapter to goats and geese.
- Section 4-15-14 - Fees and penalties for goats and geese.
- Section 4-15-15 - Veterinarian's emergency treatment of animals - Immunity from liability.
- Section 4-15-16 - Use of the terms owner or guardian.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.