2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 4 - Animals and Animal Husbandry
Chapter 4-17 - Humane Slaughter of Livestock
- Section 4-17-1 - Declaration of policy.
- Section 4-17-2 - Definitions.
- Section 4-17-3 - Shackling and hoisting.
- Section 4-17-4 - Method of slaughter.
- Section 4-17-5 - Administration - Rules and regulations - Manual use of hammer, sledge, or poleax declared inhumane.
- Section 4-17-6 - Penalty for violations.
- Section 4-17-7 - Exemption of ritual slaughter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.