2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 4 - Animals and Animal Husbandry
Chapter 4-14 - Damage by Animals
- Section 4-14-1 - Animals at large - Civil liability - Penalty.
- Section 4-14-2 - Animals breaking into enclosure - Action for damages - Impoundment.
- Section 4-14-3 - Appraisal of damages for recovery by impoundment.
- Section 4-14-4 - Notice to owner of impoundment.
- Section 4-14-5 - Sale of impounded animals.
- Section 4-14-6 - Disposition of proceeds of sale.
- Section 4-14-7 - Feeding of impounded animals - Collection of fees.
- Section 4-14-8 - Impoundment fees.
- Section 4-14-9 - Action for damages after impounded animals returned to owner.
- Section 4-14-10 - Replevin to recover impounded animals.
- Section 4-14-11 - Procedure in replevin.
- Section 4-14-12 - Replevin bond.
- Section 4-14-13 - Judgment in replevin.
- Section 4-14-14 - Disposition of replevied animals returned to defendant.
- Section 4-14-15 - Judgment for plaintiff in replevin.
- Section 4-14-16 - Appeal in replevin.
- Section 4-14-17 - Actions beyond jurisdiction of district court.
- Section 4-14-18 - Appraisal in action for damages against owner of animals.
- Section 4-14-19 - Right of action where animals break division fence.
- Section 4-14-20 - Use of the terms owner or guardian.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.