2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 4 - Animals and Animal Husbandry
Chapter 4-13.1 - Regulation of Vicious Dogs
- Section 4-13.1-1 - Declaration of purpose.
- Section 4-13.1-2 - Definitions.
- Section 4-13.1-3 - Requirements for registration.
- Section 4-13.1-4 - Control of vicious dogs.
- Section 4-13.1-5 - Harboring dogs for dog fighting - Training dogs to attack humans - Selling, breeding, or buying dogs.
- Section 4-13.1-6 - Repealed.
- Section 4-13.1-7 - Action for damages - Destruction of offending vicious dog.
- Section 4-13.1-8 - Exemptions.
- Section 4-13.1-9 - Penalties for violation - Licensing ordinances and fees.
- Section 4-13.1-10 - Legal registration drives.
- Section 4-13.1-11 - Determination of a vicious dog.
- Section 4-13.1-12 - Uniform summons - Mail-in fines - Prosecution.
- Section 4-13.1-13 - Liability of parents for damages caused by dog owned by minor.
- Section 4-13.1-14 - Severability.
- Section 4-13.1-15 - Use of the terms owner or guardian.
- Section 4-13.1-16 - Prohibition of breed specific regulation.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.