There is a newer version of the Rhode Island General Laws
2012 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 11 - Criminal Offenses
Chapter 11-5 - Assaults
- Chapter 11-5-1 - Assault with intent to commit specified felonies.
- Chapter 11-5-2 - Felony assault.
- Chapter 11-5-2.1 - Felony assault by use of devices similar in appearance to a firearm.
- Chapter 11-5-2.2 - Battery Criminal negligence.
- Chapter 11-5-2.3 - Domestic assault by strangulation.
- Chapter 11-5-3 - Simple assault or battery.
- Chapter 11-5-4 - Assault with dangerous weapon in dwelling house.
- Chapter 11-5-5 - Assault of police officers and other officials.
- Chapter 11-5-6 - Assault and battery in the collection of a loan.
- Chapter 11-5-7 - Assault of schoolteachers, school officials or other school department employees.
- Chapter 11-5-8 - Assault on correctional officer, or training school employee.
- Chapter 11-5-8.1 - Assault with bodily fluid.
- Chapter 11-5-9 - Repealed.
- Chapter 11-5-10 - Assault on persons 60 years of age or older causing bodily injury.
- Chapter 11-5-10.1 - Assault on persons 60 years of age or older causing serious bodily injury.
- Chapter 11-5-10.2 - Assault on persons with severe impairments causing serious bodily injury.
- Chapter 11-5-10.3 - Assault on persons 60 years of age or older by caretaker causing bodily injury.
- Chapter 11-5-10.4 - Assault on persons 60 years of age or older by caretaker causing serious bodily injury.
- Chapter 11-5-11 - Assault on persons with severe impairments.
- Chapter 11-5-12 - Abuse, neglect and/or exploitation of adults with severe impairments.
- Chapter 11-5-13 - Repealed.
- Chapter 11-5-14 - Assault on child in care of department of children, youth and families.
- Chapter 11-5-14.1 - Assault on child in care of department of children, youth and families causing serious bodily injury.
- Chapter 11-5-14.2 - Battery by an adult upon child ten (10) years of age or younger causing serious bodily injury.
- Chapter 11-5-15 - Aggravated harassment of a deputy sheriff by an inmate.
- Chapter 11-5-16 - Assault of health care providers or emergency services medical personnel.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.