There is a newer version of the New Mexico Statutes
2011 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 50: Employment Law
Article 6: Employment of Children, 50-6-1 through 50-6-19
- Section 50-6-1: Children under fourteen; employment prohibited.
- Section 50-6-1.1: Short title.
- Section 50-6-2: Work permit for children fourteen to sixteen.
- Section 50-6-3: Maximum hours for children fourteen to sixteen.
- Section 50-6-4: Prohibited occupations for children under sixteen; exceptions.
- Section 50-6-5: Prohibited occupations for children under eighteen.
- Section 50-6-6: Repealed.
- Section 50-6-7: Work permit; issuance; authorized officials; application; contents; proof; copies; maximum term.
- Section 50-6-8: Renewal of work permits.
- Section 50-6-9: Employer's records; form of permits.
- Section 50-6-10: Inspection of work permits, records and premises by the labor and industrial division of the labor department.
- Section 50-6-11: Habitual presence of child under sixteen at a place of work during school hours; prima facie evidence of employment.
- Section 50-6-12: Penalties.
- Section 50-6-13: District court jurisdiction.
- Section 50-6-14: State child labor inspector; appointment; direction; qualifications.
- Section 50-6-15: Repealed.
- Section 50-6-16: Repealed.
- Section 50-6-17: Exceptions.
- Section 50-6-18: Children working in the performing arts.
- Section 50-6-19: Children employed in the performing arts; trust account; requirements.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.