2018 Mississippi Code
Title 73 - Professions and Vocations
Chapter 34 - Real Estate Appraisers
Real Estate Appraiser Licensing and Certification Act
- § 73-34-1. Short title.
- § 73-34-3. Definitions.
- § 73-34-5. Persons required to obtain real estate appraisal license; exceptions; “significant professional assistance” defined.
- § 73-34-7. Mississippi Real Estate Appraiser Licensing and Certification Board.
- § 73-34-9. Powers and duties of commission and board; immunity of members of commission and board.
- § 73-34-11. License required to use title of certified real estate appraiser and to prepare and sign certified appraisal report.
- § 73-34-13. Applications to be in writing accompanied by fee; pledge to comply with standards of professional appraisal practices; certification of understanding of conduct constituting misconduct.
- § 73-34-14. Background investigations required of applicants for real estate appraiser license or certification.
- § 73-34-15. Activities authorized by real estate appraisal license.
- § 73-34-17. Qualifications to be licensed real estate appraiser.
- § 73-34-19. Two classes of real estate appraiser license; applications to specify classification of licensing; applicants to comply with requirements of board.
- § 73-34-21. Prerequisites to taking examinations for licensing; experience requirements for license.
- § 73-34-23. Knowledge required to be demonstrated through written examination prior to issuing license.
- § 73-34-25. Expiration of license.
- § 73-34-27. Application for renewal of license; late filing.
- § 73-34-29. Authority of board to deny issuance of license.
- § 73-34-31. Term “certified real estate appraiser” to refer only to individual licensed.
- § 73-34-33. Continuing education requirements for license renewal; requirements for inactive status license renewal; regulations generally.
- § 73-34-35. Grounds for denial, suspension or revocation of license or registration, or other disciplinary action.
- § 73-34-37. Standards of professional appraisal practice and ethical rules.
- § 73-34-39. Record keeping requirements for licensed appraisers; inspection of records.
- § 73-34-41. Investigations by commission; issuance of formal complaint; response to complaint; hearings.
- § 73-34-43. Formal decision of board on complaint; appeals; standard of review of decision of board.
- § 73-34-45. Fees; Real Estate Appraisal License Fund.
- § 73-34-47. Form and content of license; return of license; records of licenses.
- § 73-34-49. Roster of licensed appraisers and registered appraisal management companies.
- § 73-34-51. Nonresident applicants for license.
- § 73-34-53. Penalties for violations; civil action by person aggrieved by violation.
- § 73-34-55. No cause of action for services rendered by nonlicensed appraiser.
- § 73-34-57. Board authorized to employ legal counsel.
- § 73-34-59. Board authorized to implement rules and regulations necessary to bring chapter into compliance with federal requirements.
- § 73-34-61. [Reserved]
- § 73-34-63. Severability.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.