2018 Mississippi Code
Title 73 - Professions and Vocations
Chapter 34 - Real Estate Appraisers
Real Estate Appraiser Licensing and Certification Act
§ 73-34-47. Form and content of license; return of license; records of licenses.
- The commission at the direction of the board shall issue to each licensed appraiser or licensed certified real estate appraiser under this chapter a license evidencing such licensure. The commission shall at the direction of the board also issue a pocket card in such size and form as the board approves.
- A license issued under this chapter shall bear a license number assigned by the commission. When signing an appraisal report or certified appraisal report, the licensee shall place such appraiser’s license number adjacent to or immediately below the title of “licensed appraiser” or “licensed certified residential real estate appraiser” or “licensed certified general real estate appraiser” or “licensed timberland appraiser.” Such license number shall also be used in all statements of qualification, contracts or other instruments used by the license holder when reference is made to such license holder’s status as a licensed appraiser or licensed certified real estate appraiser.
- The license must bear the current physical address of the licensee’s place of business, which shall be a room either in his home or an office elsewhere, to be used for the transaction of the appraisal business. In case of removal from the designated address, the licensee shall make application to the commission before removal, or within ten (10) days after removal, designating the new location of such office, whereupon the commission at the direction of the board shall forthwith issue a new license for the new location.
- Licenses and pocket cards shall remain the property of the state; and, upon any suspension or revocation of a license pursuant to this chapter, the individual holding the related license and pocket card shall immediately return such license and pocket card to the commission.
- The commission shall maintain and keep open for public inspection during office hours a complete and properly indexed record of all applications for licensure received and licenses issued, renewed, revoked, cancelled or suspended under the provisions of this chapter. A copy of any such record, except pending investigation files, shall be made available to the public, upon application to the commission, at such reasonable price per copy as may be fixed by the commission.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.