2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-8 CHAPTER 8 ASSETS AND LIABILITIES (500.808...500.842)
- Section 500.808 Stock or mutual insurers; unearned premium reserves, pro rata basis, computation.
- Section 500.810 Reserves; computation; additional reserves; plan to restore compliance; effect of noncompliance; examination of reserve practices and investment incomes.
- Section 500.811 Repealed. 1994, Act 148, Imd. Eff. June 7, 1994.
- Section 500.812 Repealed. 1969, Act 318, Eff. Mar. 20, 1970.
- Section 500.813 Repealed. 1992, Act 182, Imd. Eff. Oct. 1, 1992.
- Section 500.814 Certification of loss reserves.
- Section 500.814a Statement of actuarial opinion; filing requirements; confidentiality; Michigan automobile insurance placement facility not property and casualty insurer.
- Section 500.815 Computation of unearned premium reserve on mortgage guaranty insurance.
- Section 500.815a Establishment of contingency reserve by mortgage guaranty insurer.
- Section 500.816 Repealed. 1969, Act 318, Eff. Mar. 20, 1970.
- Section 500.817 Repealed. 1966, Act 221, Imd. Eff. July 11, 1966.
- Section 500.818, 500.822 Repealed. 1969, Act 318, Eff. Mar. 20, 1970.
- Section 500.830 Life insurance policies and annuity and pure endowment contracts; life insurance contracts, annuity and pure endowment contracts, accident and health contracts, and deposit-type contracts; annual valuation of reserves; limitation; valuation fee; adopting lower standard of valuation; valuation of business of foreign cooperative or assessment insurer; definitions.
- Section 500.830a Life insurance; actuarial opinion; form; submission to director; liability of actuary; “qualified actuary” defined; limitation; public hearing; company with outstanding life insurance contracts, accident and health insurance contracts, or deposit-type contracts; actuarial opinion; requirements; definitions.
- Section 500.831 Domestic insurer's business in foreign country; variance of mortality standard.
- Section 500.832 Valuation of life insurance policies and contracts issued before operative date of standard nonforfeiture law.
- Section 500.834 Valuation of life insurance policies and contracts issued on and after operative date of standard nonforfeiture law; minimum standard; reserves; definitions.
- Section 500.835 Valuation of individual annuity and pure endowment contracts; minimum standard; notice of election to invoke section; failure to make election; definitions.
- Section 500.835a Individual annuity and pure endowment contracts purchased after December 31, 2014; annuities and pure endowments purchased after December 31, 2014 under group annuity and pure endowment contracts; valuation; tables and interest rates; definitions.
- Section 500.836 Calendar year statutory valuation interest rates; use; determination; weighting factors; “reference interest rate” defined; alternative method for determination of reference interest rate; changes to policy or contract forms; computing reference interest rate for calendar year 1986.
- Section 500.836a Valuation of disability plans and contracts issued before date of valuation manual; regulations; accidental and health insurance contracts; definitions.
- Section 500.836b Valuation manual; establishment of reserves using principle-based valuation; duties of company; confidential information; exemption; election to comply with subsections (1) to (5); measurement of ordinary life premiums; definitions.
- Section 500.837 Definitions; valuation requirements for universal life insurance policies.
- Section 500.838 Definitions; use of NAIC accounting practices and procedures manual; mortality table; separate rates for smokers and nonsmokers; determining minimum reserve liabilities, minimum cash surrender values, and amounts of paid-up nonforfeiture benefits; actuarial opinion; application of accounting practices and procedural manual; rates and charges based on gender; blended tables; basis as sex-distinct and sex-neutral.
- Section 500.838a Definitions; 2001 CSO preferred class structure mortality table.
- Section 500.839 Capital notes.
- Section 500.840 Repealed. 1969, Act 318, Eff. Mar. 20, 1970.
- Section 500.841 Valuation of certain bonds or other evidences of debt.
- Section 500.842 Valuation of certain securities, stocks, or shares.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.