2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-7 CHAPTER 7 RESERVE STANDARDS FOR DISABILITY INSURANCE (500.701...500.737)
- Section 500.701 Definitions.
- Section 500.702 Health insurance reserves; determination of adequacy; basis.
- Section 500.703 Claim reserves and claim expense reserves required; conditions; testing for adequacy and reasonableness.
- Section 500.705 Disability income claim reserves; maximum interest rate; morbidity standards specified in rules; exception; group disability income claim reserves; duration from date of disablement 2 years or more but less than 5 years; basis; request for modification plan approval; elimination period; measurement of disablement duration.
- Section 500.707 Health insurance benefits other than disability income; claim reserves maximum interest rate; basis of claim reserve.
- Section 500.709 Estimation of claim liabilities; methods.
- Section 500.711 Unearned premium reserves; treatment of premiums due and unpaid; discount of certain gross premiums paid in advance.
- Section 500.713 Minimum unearned premium reserve; basis; sum of unearned premium and contract reserves; limitation.
- Section 500.715 Premium reserves; computation.
- Section 500.717 Contract reserves; required for certain policies and certificates; exception; addition to claim and premium reserves; methods and procedures; date of incurral defined.
- Section 500.719 Morbidity standards; rules; structure of valuation net premiums; valuation of health insurance policies and certificates for which tabular morbidity standards not specified; maximum interest rate for contract reserves; termination rates; adjustment of morbidity standard on aggregate basis; minimum reserve; application of certain reserve adjustments; offset of negative reserves against positive reserves; total contract reserve not less than zero.
- Section 500.721 Application of alternative method or basis to contract reserve; assumptions; methods to determine sound value of liabilities.
- Section 500.723 Tabular reserves; annual review; increments; restriction of future gross premiums; establishment of contract reserves for insufficiency in aggregate.
- Section 500.725 Reinsurance; determination of increases to, or credit against, reserves.
- Section 500.729 Individual insurance policies; minimum morbidity standards for disability income benefits; basis of contract reserve standards for certain hospital, surgical, and maternity benefits; basis of contract reserve standards for certain cancer expense benefits and accidental death benefits.
- Section 500.731 Disability benefits for group health insurance certificates; minimum morbidity standards.
- Section 500.733 Maximum interest rates.
- Section 500.735 Mortality basis; use of other mortality tables; request for approval.
- Section 500.737 Rules.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.