2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-6 CHAPTER 6 KINDS OF INSURANCE; REINSURANCE; LIMIT OF RISK (500.600...500.644)
- Section 500.600 Insurance; definitions applicable.
- Section 500.602 “Life” insurance, “transaction of life insurance,” and “life insurance companies” defined.
- Section 500.603 Definitions; accelerated benefits; acknowledgment; disclosures; waiver of premium; qualifying event; powers of insurer; pro rata reduction in cash value; actuarial memorandum; policy reserves.
- Section 500.606 Disability insurance; definition.
- Section 500.607 Group disability insurance; definition.
- Section 500.608 "Health" and "health insurance policy" defined.
- Section 500.610 Property insurance; definition.
- Section 500.614 Marine insurance; definition.
- Section 500.616 Inland navigation and transportation insurance; definition.
- Section 500.618 “Legal expense insurance” defined.
- Section 500.620 Automobile insurance (limited); definition.
- Section 500.624 “Casualty” defined; combination with property insurance.
- Section 500.625 Automobile passenger and liability coverage; expense or disability coverage included.
- Section 500.628 Surety and fidelity insurance; definition.
- Section 500.632 Insurers; nonprofit dental care corporation; reinsurance; authorization.
- Section 500.636 Repealed. 1994, Act 226, Imd. Eff. June 27, 1994.
- Section 500.640 Insurers; limitation of risk; exceptions; "title insurance" and "title insurer" defined.
- Section 500.644 Life, disability, and loss of position insurers; limit of risk.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.