2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-68 CHAPTER 68 FARMERS' AND OTHER SPECIAL MUTUAL PROPERTY INSURERS (DOMESTIC) (500.6800...500.6886)
- Section 500.6800 Scope of chapter; code applicability to domestic farmers' mutual insurers.
- Section 500.6802 Formation of mutual plan insurers.
- Section 500.6804 Farmers' mutuals; organization; insuring powers.
- Section 500.6806 Company organized or operating under MCL 500.6804; limit of risk.
- Section 500.6807 Farmers' mutuals; coverage of property while off insured premises.
- Section 500.6810-500.6820 Repealed. 1994, Act 226, Imd. Eff. June 27, 1994.
- Section 500.6822 Certificate of authority; required to transact business; expiration; renewal; revocation; qualification for certificate of authority or commencing business.
- Section 500.6823 Property insurance; territorial limitations.
- Section 500.6824 Reinsurance; limitations.
- Section 500.6826 Records and reports; requirements.
- Section 500.6828 Financial report to members; penalty for violations.
- Section 500.6830 Directors and officers; election.
- Section 500.6834 Corporation, board, or association as member.
- Section 500.6838 Premium notes and assessments; liens.
- Section 500.6840 Levy of assessment; deficit; farmers' mutuals; advance premiums; surplus; membership fees; nonassignable policies.
- Section 500.6842 Failure to make assessment; penalty.
- Section 500.6844 Surplus fund; accumulation.
- Section 500.6846 Board of directors; borrowing power.
- Section 500.6848 Unearned premium reserve; refund.
- Section 500.6850 Investments; real estate; agricultural credit corporation membership.
- Section 500.6854 Insurance in excess of fair value prohibited.
- Section 500.6856 Maximum amount recoverable on face of policy; premium, assessments.
- Section 500.6858 Adjustment or arbitration of losses; subpoenas to witnesses; notice.
- Section 500.6859 Adjustment or arbitration of losses; service of subpoenas; fees.
- Section 500.6860 Adjustment or arbitration of losses; compelling attendance of witness; costs.
- Section 500.6862 Adjustment or arbitration of losses; administration of oath to witness; perjury.
- Section 500.6864 Limitation of actions.
- Section 500.6866 Uniform farm mutual fire policy.
- Section 500.6868 Uniform farm mutual fire policy; required form.
- Section 500.6869 Uniform farm mutual fire policy; conflicting bylaws, riders.
- Section 500.6870 Uniform farm mutual fire policy; optional provisions.
- Section 500.6872 Uniform farm mutual fire policy; rate, premium, assessment, expiration.
- Section 500.6874 Uniform farm mutual fire policy; printed descriptions and specifications of property.
- Section 500.6876 Repealed. 1963, Act 53, Eff. Sept. 6, 1963.
- Section 500.6886 Additional provisions of code applicable to domestic mutual insurers.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.