2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-70 CHAPTER 70 MULTIPLE EMPLOYER WELFARE ARRANGEMENTS (500.7001...500.7090)
- Section 500.7001 Definitions.
- Section 500.7004 Employee welfare benefit plan as multiple employer welfare arrangement; certificate of authority required; applicability of chapter.
- Section 500.7006 Benefits to which authorized MEWA limited.
- Section 500.7010 Application for certificate of authority; form; submission of application and other documents to commissioner; examination of application and documents; investigation; examination under oath of certain persons.
- Section 500.7011 Conditions to issuance of certificate of authority.
- Section 500.7012 Fees; payment and collection; service of process; designation and purpose of fees.
- Section 500.7014 Issuance of certificate of authority; refusal to grant certificate; notice of refusal; request for and conduct of hearing.
- Section 500.7018 Temporary certificate; organization of proposed MEWA; opening books to commissioner; condition to issuance of final certificate.
- Section 500.7020 Issuance of policies by MEWA; premium or premium deposit; contingent premium; restoration of cash reserves.
- Section 500.7022 Name of MEWA; proof of existence of MEWA.
- Section 500.7024 Powers of MEWA.
- Section 500.7026 Articles, bylaws, and trust agreement of MEWA and amendments thereto; filing; approval; form for trust agreement; notice of meeting; voting rights; powers to be exercised by board of trustees; restrictions on trustees.
- Section 500.7028 Duties of trustees; limitation on liability of trustee.
- Section 500.7030 Officers and agents; selection and appointment; authority and duties; removal; bond.
- Section 500.7032 Compensation of trustee, officer, or employee.
- Section 500.7034 Trustee or officer; prohibited conduct; violation as felony; penalty.
- Section 500.7040 Financial statements and reports required to be filed; commingling of cash reserves prohibited.
- Section 500.7044 Notice to individual covered by plan.
- Section 500.7050 Examination of affairs of MEWA; access to books, records, and documents; examination of trustees, officers, agents, and employees; payment and disposition of assessment.
- Section 500.7060 Additional provisions to which MEWA subject.
- Section 500.7070 Certificate of authority; grounds for suspension, revocation, or limitation.
- Section 500.7074 Written findings of violation; issuance and service of findings and cease and desist order; additional orders.
- Section 500.7076 Violation of cease and desist order; notice; hearing; civil fine; suspension or revocation of certificate of authority.
- Section 500.7078 Conduct of proceedings for payment of fines or for suspension, revocation, or limitation of certificate of authority; appeal of disputed claim; hearing.
- Section 500.7080 Multiple employer welfare arrangement security fund; creation; administration; use; appointment, qualifications, terms, and compensation of board of trustees; powers of board of trustees; payment of and accounting for expenses.
- Section 500.7084 Assessments; purpose; limitation; notice; payment; assessments as elements of loss for purpose of establishing rates; liability of employer ceasing to participate in MEWA; certification of collection and receipt of money from assessments; noting delinquencies; collection of delinquent assessment; transfer of money to state treasurer; treasurer or custodian of fund; investments; crediting earnings from investment.
- Section 500.7086 Security fund as creditor of insolvent MEWA; reimbursement from insolvent MEWA.
- Section 500.7090 Effective date of chapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.