2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-5 CHAPTER 5 PRIVACY OF FINANCIAL INFORMATION (500.501...500.547)
- Section 500.501 Scope of chapter.
- Section 500.503 Definitions.
- Section 500.505 Notice and opt out requirements.
- Section 500.507 Privacy policies and practices; notice.
- Section 500.509 Customer relationship; time of establishment; continuing relationship; revised privacy notice for new insurance product or service.
- Section 500.511 Initial notice; conditions; delivery.
- Section 500.513 Annual notice required; “annually” defined; exception.
- Section 500.515 Initial, annual, and revised notices; information required; disclosure of nonpublic personal financial information.
- Section 500.517 Initial notice requirements for consumer not a customer; short-form initial notice; delivery.
- Section 500.519 Opt out notice; requirements.
- Section 500.521 Opt out notice to joint consumers.
- Section 500.523 Consumer's opt out direction; compliance requirements.
- Section 500.525 Disclosure of nonpublic personal financial information to nonaffiliated third party.
- Section 500.527 Receipt of notice.
- Section 500.529 Disclosure of nonprofit personal financial information to nonaffiliated third party; reasonable opportunity; opt out notice.
- Section 500.531 Receipt of nonpublic personal financial information from nonaffiliated financial institution; limitation on disclosure.
- Section 500.533 Disclosure of policy or account number.
- Section 500.535 Applicability of opt out requirements in MCL 500.519 and 500.529; “joint agreement” defined.
- Section 500.537 Applicability of MCL 500.507(1)(c), 500.519, 500.529, and 500.535; “necessary to effect, administer, or enforce a transaction” defined.
- Section 500.539 Applicability of MCL 500.507(1)(c), 500.519, 500.529, and 500.535.
- Section 500.540 Use or disclosure of nonpublic personal financial information by certain associations or facilities.
- Section 500.541 Operation of fair credit reporting act; construction of chapter.
- Section 500.543 Consumer opting out from disclosure; discrimination prohibited.
- Section 500.545 Contract of licensee with nonaffiliated third party; effect of agreement entered before or on July 1, 2000.
- Section 500.547 Protection of customer records and information; adoption of guidelines for administrative, technical, and physical safeguards.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.