2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-50 CHAPTER 50 ORGANIZATION OF DOMESTIC STOCK AND MUTUAL INSURERS (500.5000...500.5040)
- Section 500.5000 Scope of chapter.
- Section 500.5001 Compliance with chapter required.
- Section 500.5002 Organization of insurers; definitions.
- Section 500.5006 Stock insurers; formation, number of incorporators required.
- Section 500.5008 Articles of incorporation; blank forms; subscribing in duplicate; contents; permissible provisions; liability of director; certificate of acknowledgment.
- Section 500.5010 Duration of corporate existence.
- Section 500.5012 Corporate name; restrictions.
- Section 500.5014 Par value of stock; limitations.
- Section 500.5020 Examination of articles by attorney general; fee.
- Section 500.5024 Securing subscribers, stockholders, or members of insurance company; sale of capital stock; required acts of incorporators; authority of commissioner.
- Section 500.5028 Completion of organization; issuance of stock certificates; mutual corporation.
- Section 500.5036 Liability of directors for debts during organization.
- Section 500.5040 Examination; certificate of authority.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.