2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-40 CHAPTER 40 LIFE INSURANCE POLICIES AND ANNUITY CONTRACT (OTHER THAN INDUSTRIAL OR GROUP) (500.4000...500.4073)
- Section 500.4000 Scope of chapter.
- Section 500.4001 Universal life insurance; definitions.
- Section 500.4004 Entire contract.
- Section 500.4008 Life insurance; provisions required; single premium policies.
- Section 500.4010 Premiums; payment; provision required.
- Section 500.4012 Life insurance policy; provision required.
- Section 500.4014 Entire contract; incontestability; exceptions.
- Section 500.4015 Policy of life insurance; mandatory notice as to cancellation of policy and refund of premium.
- Section 500.4016 Statements considered representations; provision required; electronic application; endorsement.
- Section 500.4018 Misstatement of age or sex; provisions required.
- Section 500.4020 Participation in surplus; provision required.
- Section 500.4022 Policy loans generally.
- Section 500.4023 Policy loans; interest rates; notice; information; policy not to terminate as sole result of change in interest rate; applicability of section to insurance or annuity contract.
- Section 500.4024 Nonforfeiture benefits; cash surrender values; provision required.
- Section 500.4026 Table of loan values and options; provision required.
- Section 500.4028 Default in premium payments; reinstatement; provision required.
- Section 500.4030 Settlement of claim upon death of insured; provision required.
- Section 500.4032 Table of installments; provision required.
- Section 500.4036 Title required.
- Section 500.4037 Universal life insurance policy; provisions required.
- Section 500.4038 “Policy cost factors” defined; initial disclosure; statement of policy information; delivery; extension of free-look period; furnishing statement at time of policy delivery.
- Section 500.4040 Safeguard against lapse; special surrender value; optional provisions; supplemental contract.
- Section 500.4042 Liability limitation; aviation, military or naval service.
- Section 500.4046 Provisions prohibited; forfeiture of policy for failure to repay loan; limitation of actions; predating policy; settlement at maturity for less than full value.
- Section 500.4047 Profit sharing, charter or founders and coupon policies; definitions; prohibitions, violations.
- Section 500.4048 Provisions required by laws of other states or counties.
- Section 500.4052 Preliminary term insurance on old policies; reserve.
- Section 500.4054 Proceeds of policy; exemption from creditors.
- Section 500.4058 Nonforfeiture benefits on old policies.
- Section 500.4060 Standard nonforfeiture law for life insurance.
- Section 500.4061 Flexible premium universal life insurance policies; provisions applicable to minimum cash surrender values; minimum paid-up nonforfeiture benefits.
- Section 500.4062 Loan value; deferment.
- Section 500.4064 Loan indebtedness; right to compound interest.
- Section 500.4070 Insurance and annuities on same life; automatic conversion of deferred annuity into paid-up annuity.
- Section 500.4072 Standard nonforfeiture law for individual deferred annuities.
- Section 500.4073 Annuity policy or contract; notice of right to cancel and receive refund; effect of returning policy or contract; variable annuity contract; exceptions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.