2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-39 CHAPTER 39 LONG-TERM CARE INSURANCE (500.3901...500.3955)
- Section 500.3901 Long-term care insurance; definitions.
- Section 500.3902 Offer of long-term care coverage by subsidiary of health care corporation.
- Section 500.3903 Group long-term care insurance; coverage offered to groups described in MCL 500.3901(c)(iv) and 500.3901(c)(iii).
- Section 500.3905 Long-term care coverage; requirements; certain coverages requiring care recommendations.
- Section 500.3906 Designation of person to receive notice of termination; reinstatement of coverage; effective date of section.
- Section 500.3907 Individual long-term care policy; guaranteed renewable provision; conversion; new limitation period; intermediate care facility or skilled nursing facility; home care services.
- Section 500.3908 Long-term care partnership program policy; conversion or replacement.
- Section 500.3909 Option to purchase inflation protection; summary of coverage; applicability of section.
- Section 500.3910 Option of purchasing policy or certificate including nonforfeiture benefits; offer.
- Section 500.3910a Nonforfeiture benefits; coverage elements, eligibility, benefit triggers, and benefit length; contingent benefit; premium increase; notification; duties of insurer; limitation on maximum benefits; effective date of section; premiums subject to loss ratio requirements; conditions for offering nonforfeiture benefit.
- Section 500.3910b Reduction options; applicability of section to long-term care policies and certificates issued on or after June 1, 2007.
- Section 500.3911 Preexisting condition; limitation period; definition.
- Section 500.3913 Home health care benefits.
- Section 500.3915 Certain conditions prohibited.
- Section 500.3917 Replacement policy; waiver of time periods applicable to preexisting conditions and probationary periods.
- Section 500.3919 Institutionalization; extension of benefits; limitations.
- Section 500.3921 Application; questions relating to health condition; delivery; record of policy rescissions; annual report to commissioner.
- Section 500.3923 Riders or endorsements; certain changes in benefits or premiums; definition, explanation, description, and labeling of certain terms.
- Section 500.3925 Applicability of section to long-term care policy or certificate issued on or after June 1, 2007; information to be provided on forms; acknowledgement of disclosure; notice of premium rate schedule increase; personal worksheet; availability of free and independent insurance purchasing and public benefits counseling.
- Section 500.3926 Applicability of section to long-term care policy or certificate issued on or after June 1, 2007; information to be provided to commissioner; premium rate schedule; statement; request by commissioner for actuarial demonstration; additional information.
- Section 500.3926a Applicability of section to long-term care policy or certificate issued on or after June 1, 2007; notice of pending premium rate schedule increase; requirements; review and approval by commissioner; eligibility for contingent benefit upon lapse; applicability of subsections to certain policies or certificates; exceptional increases; definitions.
- Section 500.3927 Reasonableness of benefits relative to premiums; expected loss ratio; evaluation of factors; applicability of section.
- Section 500.3928 Fixed indivisible premium life insurance policy funding long-term care benefits by accelerating death benefit; reasonableness of benefits relative to premiums; provisions.
- Section 500.3929 Increasing premiums prohibited; conditions.
- Section 500.3930 Acceleration of benefits under group or individual life policies or riders; determination of policy reserves.
- Section 500.3931 Rules.
- Section 500.3933 Summary of coverage.
- Section 500.3935 Statement relating to request for additional information.
- Section 500.3937 Shopper's guide; format; providing to applicants; exception.
- Section 500.3939 Application; questions relating to other policies in force or use as replacement; agent's list of other policies sold; notice to applicant and existing insurer; appropriateness of recommended purchase or replacement.
- Section 500.3941 Advertising; filing copy with commissioner.
- Section 500.3941a Inapplicability of section to life insurance policies or riders containing accelerated benefits; development of suitability standards.
- Section 500.3942 Marketing; duties of insurer; use of "level premium" or "noncancelable" prohibited; exception.
- Section 500.3942a Reporting requirements; agent activities; preparation of report.
- Section 500.3943 Right to return policy; notice; “direct response solicitation” defined.
- Section 500.3945 Violation; penalty.
- Section 500.3949 Life and long-term care benefits; marketing; compliance.
- Section 500.3951 Policy summary; compliance with MCL 500.3933; additional provisions; monthly report.
- Section 500.3953 Disclosure statement.
- Section 500.3955 Compliance with chapter and applicable laws.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.