2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-38 CHAPTER 38 MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT POLICIES AND CERTIFICATES (500.3801...500.3861)
- Section 500.3801 Chapter; definitions.
- Section 500.3803 Applicability of chapter.
- Section 500.3804 Applicability of chapter.
- Section 500.3805 Medicare supplement policy; definitions.
- Section 500.3807 Basic core package of benefits; standards for plans K and L; applicability of section.
- Section 500.3807a Medicare supplement policies or certificates with effective date for coverage on or after June 1, 2010; basic core package of benefits.
- Section 500.3808 Medicare supplement insurance policy; availability of benefits in MCL 500.3811(5)(c) or 500.3811a(6)(c).
- Section 500.3809 Additional benefits; reimbursement for preventive screening tests and services; definitions; applicability of section.
- Section 500.3809a Medicare supplement policies or certificates with effective date for coverage on or after June 1, 2010; additional benefits.
- Section 500.3811 Basic core benefits; availability; sale of certain benefits prohibited; designations, structure, language, and format; other designations; requirements; applicability of section.
- Section 500.3811a Medicare supplement policies or certificates with effective date for coverage on or after June 1, 2010; basic core benefits; availability; sale of certain benefits prohibited; structure, language, designation, and format; other designations; requirements.
- Section 500.3813 Disability coverage; medicare supplement buyer's guide; applicability of section.
- Section 500.3815 Outline of coverage; acknowledgment of receipt; compliance with notice requirements; substitute; language, format, and required items.
- Section 500.3817 Medicare select policies and certificates; definitions; requirements for issuance; plan of operation; filing, format, and contents; proposed changes; updated list of network providers; payment for covered services not available through network providers; disclosure; receipt of information; grievance procedure; report; availability of comparable or lesser benefits; continuation of coverage; requests for data by state or federal agencies.
- Section 500.3819 Minimum standards; suspension of benefits and premiums; notice; reinstitution; offer to exchange 1990 standardized plan to 2010 plan.
- Section 500.3819a Medicare supplement policies or certificates with effective date for coverage on or after June 1, 2010; minimum standards.
- Section 500.3821 Issuance of policy to person not enrolled in medicare parts A and B prohibited; refund; interest.
- Section 500.3823 Covered benefits more restrictive than benefits under medicare and required under state law prohibited; benefits for outpatient prescription drugs.
- Section 500.3825 Preexisting diseases or conditions; waiver prohibited.
- Section 500.3827 Duplicate benefits prohibited; application; statements and questions whether another policy in force; list of policies sold to applicant; notice regarding replacement coverage.
- Section 500.3829 Denying or conditioning issuance based on health status, claims experience, receipt of health care, or medical condition of applicant prohibited; condition; exclusion of benefits based on preexisting conditions; reduction; creditable coverage.
- Section 500.3829a Medicare supplement policies or certificates delivered, issued for delivery, or renewed on or after May 21, 2009; genetic test; definitions.
- Section 500.3830 Eligible person; requirements.
- Section 500.3830a Termination of contract or agreement; notice to individual.
- Section 500.3831 Individual or group expense incurred hospital, medical, or surgical policies; right of continuation, conversion, or type C medicare supplemental package; request for coverage; exclusion from preexisting conditions; notice of availability of coverage; utilization of another insurer to write coverage.
- Section 500.3833 Replacement policy; waiver of certain time periods.
- Section 500.3835 Marketing procedures; determining appropriateness of recommended purchase or replacement; more than 1 policy prohibited; individual enrolled in medicare advantage; “notice to buyer” displayed.
- Section 500.3837 Repealed. 2002, Act 304, Imd. Eff. May 10, 2002.
- Section 500.3839 Renewal or continuation provision; effect of termination or replacement; elimination of outpatient prescription drug benefit.
- Section 500.3841 Riders or endorsements; signed acceptance or agreement; additional premium; use of certain standards, terms, and words; filing of changes in medicare benefits; elimination of duplicate benefits; notice of modifications; notice requirements of medicare prescription drug, improvement, and modernization act of 2003.
- Section 500.3843 Disability insurance; notice; contents; applicability of subsection (1).
- Section 500.3847 Advertising; filing copy with commissioner.
- Section 500.3849 Filing and approval requirements; deletion of outpatient prescription drug benefits; issuance of policy; use and change in premium rates; additional forms; availability; conditions and effect of discontinuance; combining forms for purposes of refund or credit calculation; compliance with federal law; “type” defined.
- Section 500.3851 Aggregate benefits; rates, rating schedules, and rate revisions.
- Section 500.3852 Benchmark ratio.
- Section 500.3853 Refund or credit calculation; form; interest; due date.
- Section 500.3855 Annual filing of rates, rating schedule, and supporting documentation; premium adjustments; public hearing for rate increase; failure to make premium adjustments.
- Section 500.3857 Duties of insurer; certification of compliance with subsection (1)(a).
- Section 500.3859 Prohibited conduct; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.
- Section 500.3861 Probable cause of violation; notice of hearing; opportunity to confer and discuss; hearing; applicability of MCL 500.2038 to 500.2040; violation; penalty.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.