2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-22 CHAPTER 22 THE INSURANCE CONTRACT (500.2204...500.2290)
- Section 500.2204 Settlement of action brought by third party against person insured under commercial liability insurance policy; notice to insured required.
- Section 500.2205 Minor's contracts for insurance.
- Section 500.2206 Repealed. 2014, Act 140, Eff. Mar. 31, 2015.
- Section 500.2207 Insurable interest; personal insurance; rights of beneficiaries, creditors.
- Section 500.2209 Insurable interest; married woman; right to proceeds, devise.
- Section 500.2210 Definitions; insurable interest; employer; trust; exemption from claims.
- Section 500.2210a Trustee having insurable interest under MCL 700.7114.
- Section 500.2211 Consent of insured.
- Section 500.2212 Insurable interest in life of individual.
- Section 500.2212a Health insurance policy; description of terms, conditions, and information; written request; style, arrangement and appearance of policy; "board certified" defined.
- Section 500.2212b Policy issued under MCL 550.3405 and to health maintenance organization contract; applicability; termination of affiliation or participation between primary care physician and insurer; notice to insured; effect of termination; definitions.
- Section 500.2212c Prescription drug prior authorization workgroup; creation; development of methodology; prior authorization request; definitions.
- Section 500.2213 Internal formal grievance procedure; approval by director; provisions; person authorized to act on behalf of insured or enrollee; section inapplicable to provider complaint and insurance listed in right to independent review act; written notice to be culturally and linguistically appropriate; definitions.
- Section 500.2213a Expenses incurred by director; calculation; assessment; "insurer" defined.
- Section 500.2213b Renewal or continuation of policy; modification; guaranteed renewal; discontinuing plan or product in nongroup or group market; short-term or 1-time limited duration policy or certificate; reports.
- Section 500.2213c Disability income insurer; internal grievance procedure; establishment; contents; “grievance” defined.
- Section 500.2213d Uniform prescription drug information card or other technology.
- Section 500.2214 Disability insurance; application, use as evidence.
- Section 500.2216 Life or disability insurance; alteration of application.
- Section 500.2218 Disability insurance; false statement in application; effect.
- Section 500.2220 Life insurance; solicitor as agent of insurer.
- Section 500.2226 Life insurance; benefits, manner of payment, period, and premiums to be contained in policy.
- Section 500.2227 Withholding final settlement amount; notice; escrow procedure to be followed by city, village, or township; disposition of money by local treasurer; commingling funds prohibited; retention of interest to defray expenses; forwarding policy proceeds; proof; effect of failure to provide reasonable proof; demolition of property; civil action for return of policy proceeds; liability; applicability of section; list of cities, villages, and townships; exception to withholding requirements; definitions.
- Section 500.2228 Automobile insurance; contents of policy.
- Section 500.2230 Mutual insurers other than life; contents of policy.
- Section 500.2232 Reciprocal insurers; contents of policy.
- Section 500.2235 Written notice to insured under worker's compensation insurance policy.
- Section 500.2236 Forms generally; filing; approval; type size; membership in or subscription to rating organization; substitute form; readability score and other requirements; approval of changes or additions; notice of disapproval or withdrawal of approval; prohibition; hearing; separate violation; penalty; applicability of filing requirements; satisfaction of requirement for delivery of form or notice; "exempt commercial policyholder" and "insurer" defined; court review of order.
- Section 500.2236a Interest indexed universal life insurance; information to be maintained on file.
- Section 500.2237 Policy issued under chapter 34; prohibited restriction of liability.
- Section 500.2238 Repealed. 1970, Act 180, Imd. Eff. Aug. 3, 1970.
- Section 500.2239 Health care service rendered by dentist; benefits or reimbursement; “dentist” defined; policies to which section applicable.
- Section 500.2242 Group disability policy; filing and approval of form; grounds for disapproval; notice, hearing, and appeal requirements; withdrawal of approval; quarterly filing; applicability of section to forms filed by nonprofit dental corporation.
- Section 500.2243 Group policies; optometric service; coverage.
- Section 500.2246 Insured or applicant for life insurance policy as victim of domestic violence; refusal to provide coverage prohibited; exceptions; liability; applicability to policies on or after June 1, 1998; “domestic violence” defined.
- Section 500.2248 Automobile insurance; delivery of policy to insured.
- Section 500.2250 Binders or other contracts for temporary insurance; applicability.
- Section 500.2254 Action against domestic insurer by member or beneficiary; conditions.
- Section 500.2260 Life or disability insurance; acts not constituting waiver of defenses.
- Section 500.2264 Termination of dependent coverage at specified age; exception.
- Section 500.2264a Hospital or medical care coverage or reimbursement for children who are full-time or part-time students and take leave of absence.
- Section 500.2265-500.2290 Repealed. 1992, Act 84, Imd. Eff. June 2, 1992.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.