2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-11 CHAPTER 11 REINSURANCE (500.1101...500.1127)
- Section 500.1101 “Qualified United States financial institution” defined.
- Section 500.1103 Credit for reinsurance as asset or reduction from liability; accredited reinsurer; trust fund; report to commissioner; assuming insurer not meeting requirements of section or authorized to transact insurance; obligation to arbitrate; trust agreement.
- Section 500.1105 Reduction from liability by ceding insurer to assuming insurer not meeting requirements of MCL 500.1103; security.
- Section 500.1106-500.1120 Repealed. 1972, Act 360, Imd. Eff. Jan. 9, 1973.
- Section 500.1121 Applicability of MCL 500.1123 to 500.1127 to certain insurers.
- Section 500.1123 Reinsurance agreement; conditions prohibiting reduction in liability or establishment of asset; approval of commissioner; filing agreements.
- Section 500.1124 Repealed. 1972, Act 360, Imd. Eff. Jan. 9, 1973.
- Section 500.1125 Reinsurance agreement; use; execution; “reasonable period of time” defined; provisions; assumption of obligations by life and health insurance guaranty association.
- Section 500.1127 Reinsurance agreements; reduction to zero of certain reserve credits or assets.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.