2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-10 CHAPTER 10 ANNUAL AUDITED FINANCIAL REPORTS (500.1001...500.1033)
- Section 500.1001 Definitions.
- Section 500.1003 Nonapplicability of chapter.
- Section 500.1005 Insurer; annual audit; filing date; extensions; designation of audit committee.
- Section 500.1007 Annual audited financial report; contents; form; conduct of examination by independent public accountant.
- Section 500.1009 Insurer required to file annual audited report; registration of insurer's independent public accountant; letter required; dismissal or resignation of independent public accountant; notice; report of disagreement; responsive letter.
- Section 500.1010 Recognition of person or firm as independent public accountant; mediation or arbitration of disputes; limitation on period of service; relief from rotation requirement; restrictions; hearing; ruling by commissioner; exemption from subsection (7); nonaudit services; preapproval; waiver; independent public accountant not recognized as qualified; condition; relief from subsection (14).
- Section 500.1011 Audited consolidated or combined financial statements; application for filing; work sheet.
- Section 500.1015 Independent public accountant; reporting determination that insurer materially misstated financial condition or does not meet requirements of MCL 500.408 or MCL 500.410; liability; action to be taken after date of audited financial report.
- Section 500.1017 Independent public accountant; communicating unremediated material weaknesses; description.
- Section 500.1019 Independent public accountant; filing letter with annual audited financial report; contents.
- Section 500.1021 Work papers; availability; retention; review as investigation; use.
- Section 500.1023 Compliance with chapter; exemption; filing reports on other than calendar year basis; compliance by domestic insurers; schedule; compliance by foreign insurers.
- Section 500.1025 Canadian and British insurers; annual audited financial report; contents of independent public accountant's letter.
- Section 500.1027 Applicability of section to domestic insurer not SOX compliant entity; duties of audit committee; member of audit committee as independent; election of controlling person; report by accountant; reports provided on aggregate basis; structure of audit committee; waiver from section based on hardship; effective date of section.
- Section 500.1029 Director or officer of insurer; prohibited conduct.
- Section 500.1031 Report of insurer's or group of insurers' internal control over financial reporting; requirements.
- Section 500.1033 Exemption from any or all provisions of chapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.